- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
Exam Countdown - 10 Days
The summer exam season is almost upon us. GCSE exams are due to start on the 14th May, only 10 days away!
Parents, please continue to ask your child these questions:
- Have you got your GCSE Pod login?
- Which after school revision sessions are you doing this week (you’ve got to go to maths!)?
- Is there anything I can help you with?
- Are you ok?
The run up to GCSE exams is a stressful time and, as adults, sometimes we forget what it was like for us because it was such a long, long time ago. Please do remember that we are here to help your child and if you need some advice we are here to help you too.
Practical exam tips:10 Best GCSE Revision Tips from Past Students | GoConqr
Year 11 Exam Timetable 2018
Please click here to view the Y11 Exam timetable for Summer 2018
Whole School Attendance this week is a disappointing 90%
Targets set by government is 95%. Each and every pupil must aim for an attendance of 95% or better.
Year group attendance this week: Y7 = 91%, Y8 = 90.95%, Y9 = 91.7%, Y10 = 88% and Y11 = 88.5%.
Yrs 7, 8 and 9 fluctuate and Year 10 currently are struggling to achieve over 91% for most days. If you are a parent of a Year 10 child it is crucial that you send your son or daughter into school each and every day. They are just 12 months away from sitting their GCSE exams and at this half way point during their GCSE courses we need them in every day in order to help them achieve the very best grades possible next year.
As you know, school attendance is vitally important for pupils to be successful. Every absence from school makes it harder for your child to keep up with the new demands expected of all pupils across the country when they come to sit their examinations.
If you are a Year 11 parent it goes without saying that these final few days are still massively important as are the extra support sessions and revision that we are providing before and after school.
We continue to look at ways to improve our whole school attendance figures with incentives and rewards for individuals.
Win A Waffle Attendance Incentive
Every Friday, the form with the best attendance that week will win a delicious Belgian dessert waffle each. This weeks waffle winning forms were:
Form 701 (96%), Form 801 (94%), Form 903 (98%), Form 1002 (95%), Form 1104 (100%) & 1105 (95%), Sixth Form 604 (93%)
Blackpool Reward Trip for Yr7 - Yr9
To qualify for the reward trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach pupils must achieve 95% attendance or better between Monday 30 April and Friday 13 July.
Week beginning 16th July we will take one year group per day, starting with Year 7 on the Monday. The cost will be a nominal amount of £10 which will cover coach transport to Blackpool from School. More details will be communicated closer to the time.
Blackpool Reward Trip for Y 10
To qualify for the REWARD TRIP TO BLACKPOOL Y10 pupils must get an average A2L score of 1 – 2.4 across all of their subjects.
Before Easter, I discussed with Yr 10 pupils the importance of our attitude when we are in school learning. So in light of this, all pupils who average an Attitude to Learning score of 2.4 or higher (1 being the highest) will be invited to attend their end of year REWARD TRIP which is due to take place on Thursday 19th July.
Attitude to Learning (A2L)
Attitude to Learning (A2L) scores have been introduced for Y10 in preparation for the lead into Year 11 to help your child get better outcomes. Essentially we do not want them to lose any time between now and July, and get them to consider how well they approach their learning.
A2L will be measured with a 1-4 scale (for further details please click here) • 1 = outstanding • 2 = good • 3 = need for improvement • 4 = serious concerns
Before this May half term, we will communicate to your son/daughter their current Attitude to Learning score. After the May half term this will then be reset in order to allow as many pupils as possible to qualify for the reward trip to celebrate together and be rewarded for having a mature approach to their studies.
Passport to Blackpool Reward Trip for Y11
To qualify for the Passport To Blackpool free reward trip, Y11 pupils must attend 20 after-school revision sessions - including compulsory Maths on Wednesdays with free pizza supplied to keep them going. This after school revision incentive and Pizza Wednesdays has proved popular and is being extended by more subjects, with more pizza and more chance to qualify for the trip.
Procedure For Appointments With Staff
Parents sometimes come to school with the expectation that they will see or speak to a teacher, Head Of Year/Assistant HOY without an appointment. It would be helpful if parents understood that it is not always possible due to teaching and other meetings commitments of staff including the Headteacher. We would like to remind parents of our procedures for appointments:
- Parents must book an appointment in advance if they wish to see someone. We ask that parents email or ring in advance to book an appointment and allow a reasonable period of some days’ notice at least in order for us to do so.
- Parents will not be seen unless by prior agreed arrangement and are discouraged from dropping into school without having first made an appointment.
The preferred and often best method of contact is by email. Please refer to the Who to Contact form for details of how to email relevant staff accordingly. Please be aware teaching staff are usually not available to return emails or phone calls until after lessons finish at 3.15pm. Under customer care guidelines the school aims to acknowledge or respond to emails and letters within 5 working days.
National Youth Theatre
Well done to one of our Year 11 drama students Zach who has been accepted into National Youth Theatre, which is very prestigious. It's also unusual to be accepted after your first audition. 6000 young people auditioned this year and he has been offered a place. Exciting times!
Online Safety Advice - Snapchat
We would like to share some advice with parents regards snapchat
Potentially Dangerous App - Fortnite Battle Royale
Parents should also be aware of the potential risks of a game app called Fortnite Battle Royale. What you need to know about Fortnite:Battle Royale poster
Links to further advice and guidance for parents regards online safety and information about potentially harmful apps can be found on our E-Safety page of the website:http://gateacre.org/school-life/esafety-advice-for-parents/
Dates for Your Diary:
14th May Exams Commence
16th May World Challenge Parents Talk 5pm
28th May Half Term
6th June Y9 Vaccinations
25th June Y11 Prom
3rd July Y6 Primary School Parents Information Evening 5pm
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
20th July End of Term
(23rd & 24th July INSET Days)
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/