- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
As part of our on-going development we are introducing a new style of report for the end of next week, for years 7,8,10 and 12. They will contain your child’s current grades from the last assessment point, along with a form tutor and Head Of Year comment. Next year, these new reports will run alongside parents' evening, allowing you to have deeper conversations with teachers about your child’s progress data.
Whole School Attendance this week: 89.2%
Y7:93% Y8:91% Y9:87% Y10:86%
Attendance figures this week are poor and especially as attendance in other schools is 94%.
Merseyside Police are seeking information regarding the murder of Daniel Gee-Jamieson 16 years.
At approximately 21.00 hours on Wednesday 3rd July 2018, Daniel was fatally stabbed, in an area of parkland known locally as ‘The Nook’ off Belle Vale Road, L25.
Merseyside Police are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area, or who may have information about Daniel’s senseless murder to come forward.
Daniel was a 16 year old student, he is an ex pupil at St Francis Xavier School and his death has left his family devastated.
If you know anything or have any dash-cam footage or mobile phone footage that may assist the investigation, please do the right thing and call the incident room on 0151 777 8604 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Uniform – End of Pupil consultation – Mrs Boulton
Over the past few weeks we have been approached by our Year 10 girls about the possibility of having a plain black pinafore as part of the uniform from September 2018.
The girls presented a logical argument about how it is still smart, relatively cheap to purchase, is comfortable to wear and unlike a traditional skirt cannot be rolled up and made shorter.
In short we have listened to what you have said, the sound reasoning given and we agree. We think that giving you the option to wear a plain black pinafore is acceptable and therefore from September 2018 we will add this to the ‘allowed’ section of our uniform.
Over the coming days we will also start to update our uniform expectations documents so that should you look on our website, Facebook, Twitter or take one of our uniform leaflets it will all match and be up to date.
Big Bang Fair - All About STEM
STEM Club Of The Year Award Winners 2018
Four of our Year 9 Girls: Hollie Gillchrist, Emily Cook, Freya Barnes and Ellen Ramage-Jones showcased their uniquely innovative STEM project to thousands of visitors on Tuesday with their own exhibition stand at the Big Bang Fair held at ACC Liverpool Exhibition Centre.
The girls’ project, “Naturally Infused”, exhibited at the Big Bang Fair North West on Tuesday; for which they won North West Stem Club Of The Year Award 2018 and are through to the Big Bang Young Scientists & Engineers National Finals in March 2019. Described by the Metro Mayor as “inspirational” when they met him, and described by Shaping Futures as being "ONE OF THE BEST STEM CLUBS IN THE ENTIRE LIVERPOOL REGION". Our girls were a credit to the school and totally rocked the show. The girls are participating in fundraising activities to enable their participation in the two day competition UK finals at Birmingham NEC.
Read more here: The Big BANG North West
Follow the girls' success and pictures here: Allaboutstem Award Winners
Sports Round Up
English Schools' Athletics Association National Championships
Year 9 student, Ethan Stopford, has been selected to represent Merseyside Schools' Athletics Association and is competing in the English Schools' Athletic Association Championships in Birmingham today and tomorrow. This is a superb achievement for a young athlete. We are all behind him - come on Ethan! If you would like to follow his progress in the competition here are the live links: http://www.runjumpthrow.com/videos/24283 www.runjumpthrow.com
Final day arrangements – Friday 20th July
Friday 20th July is our final day of the year and we expect every pupil in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 to be in attendance that morning. School will finish at midday and all pupils will be dismissed.
We will communicate times for Year 13 and Year 11 to pick up their exam results in the final Newsflash of the year as well as keeping our website, Facebook and Twitter feeds up to date.
There will be some formal teaching taking place over the main part of the morning, but we also want to share with all the pupils what a successful year it has been for Gateacre School. Here are some of the highlights:
- No longer in Special Measures
- Positive Ofsted Report and Sixth Form rated Good
- National recognition for improved A Level and Vocational outcomes (top 10% nationally!!!)
- Academy Order is revoked (only a very small number of secondary schools have ever managed this…we are one of them!)
- Combined Cadet force bid accepted – parade due to start in January 2019
- More courses being offered at A Level including Biology, Maths, and Further Maths.
- Trinity Mirror Echo Award Winners for School in the Community
- Trinity Mirror Echo Award Winner for Headteacher of the Year
First day back – September 4th 2018
Pupils’ first day back at school is TUESDAY 4th SEPTEMBER. We want to see all of our pupils back and ready to learn on the first day to set the standard for the rest of the year.
There is a staggered start to the morning, with Year 7 arriving first followed at set intervals by 8 – 11.
Assembly times are as follows (pupils to start ‘normal’ lessons Period 3):
Y7 Arrive by 08:40 straight into Theatre. Assembly 08:40 – 09:00 Year 7 then taken to Form by Tutor.
Y8 Arrive by 08:50 into Atrium supervised by Y8 team. Assembly 09:05 – 09:20 Year 8 then return to Form
Y9 Arrive by 09:15 into Atrium supervised by Y9 team. Assembly 09:20 – 09:40 Year 9 then return to form
Y10 Arrive by 09:40 into Atrium supervised by Y10 team. Assembly 09:45 – 10:05 Year 10 then return to form
Y11 Arrive by 09:25 into Atrium meet Tutor and taken to Form. Form 09:25 – 10:10. Assembly 10:15 – 10:40 Year 11 then to have early break supervised by staff present during Assembly
Year 12 Arrive by 09:00 for Induction only. Commence lessons on Monday 10th September 08:45am
Year 13 Arrive by 09:25
Year 11 and Year 13 – September 2018
This is going to be a big year for you, we’ve already starting planning how we are going to help, support and guide you so that you are able to achieve your personal best.
It starts by getting up and getting into school!
Year 11, I will see you all on Tuesday 4th September in the Atrium at 09:25 with your tutors. I’ve already planned your first assembly at 10:15 and I cannot wait to share with you all the wonderful things we are going to do together.
Exciting times ahead!
Roald Dahl – The dramatic and musical experience
What a truly spectacular performance by our students (cast and crew), including all those who helped behind the scenes - without whose help these shows would not be possible. It was a fantastic show, enjoyed by everyone including myself, my wife and our boy. We may do it all again next year!
Could YOU help the school? Gateacre School has a comprehensive careers and work related learning programme. We are not looking for a huge commitment. We are trying to build up a contact file of parents to enhance our work related curriculum. If you think could help then please click on link for the Work Related Form, complete the form and return it to Mrs Boyd. Click Here
For information or enquiries please contact Mrs Boyd 0151363 111 Ext 402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Concert Tuesday 17th July at 7pm
Community Fair & Family Fun Day 22nd September 2018
Open Evening – Wednesday 26th September 2018
We have already begun to plan our next Open Evening on Wednesday 26th September from 5pm to 8pm. We will provide more information nearer to the event, however if you are reading this as a parent from a primary school we can provide tours of the school at a time convenient to you and are always happy to show what we do here at Gateacre.
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/