- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/19
- 2018/19 News
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
Year 10 into Year 11 – No time to waste!
Pupils in Year 10 today you are officially Year 11, parents and carers of Year 10 pupils you are now parents and carers of a Year 11 child and you have 36 school weeks, 180 days until you sit your first proper GCSE exam.
Your pre-public exams (mocks/Summer AP3) continue week beginning Monday 18th June. Are you ready? Have you started to prepare yourself? Have you begun to organise your revision materials?
This will be an opportunity to demonstrate all of your knowledge and learning over the past 9 months in the first year of your GCSE course. The outcomes from these assessments will give you an indication of how well you have learnt AND applied that learning.
Remember, whatever you get is only an indication of progress. The real thing takes place 180 days from now when you will be more than ready, more than confident and more than prepared to tackle whatever questions the examiner chooses to set.
I am looking forward to the coming year with you already and I hope that we will continue to grow and develop our school together through hard work.
Do not forget that GCSE Pod is available to you right now, if you do not have a log in or have ‘misplaced’ it see Mrs Chapman in the first instance.
Sports Round Up
Athletics Success at City Athletics, Wavertree
What a way to end a year! Both boys and girls teams performed incredibly well across Years 7 to 10 at last week's City Athletics Competition for Liverpool schools and demonstrated grit, determination and sportsmanship in every event.
The results are:
High Jump - Silver - Charlie Alfonso
Triple Jump - Bronze - Mathew Prendegast
High Jump - Bronze - Daniel Burton
High Jump - Bronze - Sainabou Njie
100m Silver - Joshua Teare
300m Gold - Ethan Stopford
1500m Gold- Harry Sweeny
Relay - Bronze - Ethan Stopford / Josh Teare / Luke Jenkins / Tom Webster
Hurdle Bronze - Connor Gilmartin
800 + 1500 Gold - Mackenzie Woodward
High Jump Gold - Maculay
Discus Silver - Reece William
Javelin Bronze - Reece William
The following students successfully completed their first DofE expedition at the weekend. They worked incredibly hard all weekend, showed great resilience and never complained once! They were an absolute credit to themselves, and the school. We congratulate them on their effort and are very proud of them: John Bassnett, Stephen Brown, Su Xin Chen, Cerys Doswell, Charlotte Eaton-Brown, Lauren Grant, Georgia Johnson, Jack McFarlane, Libby Newman, Olivia O'Brien, Liam Pearson, Olivia Redmond, Harry Rhead, Kahmael Smith, Cameron Spruce, Olivia Switzer, Wanida Thongbua, Owen Wasley, Jack Wasley, Jack Williams, Charley-Rose Williams.
- Ex student Sarah Walker was nominated by Chester University for an 'Excellent teaching skills' award which she won and collected last week. Sarah will be joining us in September as Teacher of Drama for maternity cover until March 2019.
- Courtney Hall in Y13 has been involved with Danny Boyle's latest film, working as an extra in scenes filmed in Liverpool over half term.
- Brian Comer in Y10 has landed the big role of Tobias in 'Sweeney Todd' to be performed at The Royal Court Theatre, Liverpool in October 2018. A winner of 8 Tony Awards and Olivier Awards, this musical thriller tells the well-known tale of the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, set in the Victorian era.
Matilda – 4th and 9th July 2018
Open Evening – Wednesday 26th September 2018
We have already begun to plan our next Open Evening on Wednesday 26th September from 5pm to 8pm. We will provide more information nearer to the event, however if you are reading this as a parent from a primary school we can provide tours of the school at a time convenient to you and are always happy to show what we do here at Gateacre.
End of term arrangements 2018
School finishes on Friday 20th July at 12:00.
I will publish arrangements for the start of the new school year closer to the end of term as well as reminders via social media over the holidays.
Polite reminder – Uniform and school shoes
Please make sure both you and your child are fully aware of the uniform expectations, images of acceptable footwear are clearly displayed on our website and are available in our reception at your request. Gateacre School approved school shoes for boys and girls can be found in the Wynsors Back To School Shoes brochure from reception. Our Uniform Expectations & Shoe Guide brochure for parents 2018/19 (with examples of what is and isn't acceptable, our full uniform & PE kit and where to buy is available from our reception or for download here: School Uniform Expectations & Shoes Guide for parents 2018/19
We have 25 school days left of this academic year and we have seen a slight increase in our whole school attendance figure. But we still have a way to go before we can say that our attendance is the same as most other schools in the country.
Your child’s education is vitally important, we want all our pupils from Year 7 through to Year 13 to have excellent attendance and to do well in their GCSE, A Level and Vocational subjects. To do well you have to be in school.
Setting good habits now will set good habits for life.
The very last GCSE exam of 2018…PRODUCT DESIGN – FRIDAY 22nd JUNE 2018
On Friday 22nd June we have the very last Product Design exam in the morning.
Mr Walker will be on hand on THURSDAY 21st JUNE for final preparation and revision. We strongly recommend that your child attends this (attendance in own clothes is acceptable!!!!)
Dates for Your Diary:
19th June Y11 Reward Trip to Blackpool Pleasurebeach
25th June Y11 Prom
3rd July Y6 Primary School Parents Information Evening - doors open 5pm (Headteacher welcome at 6pm)
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
20th July End of Term
(23rd & 24th July INSET Days)
4th September Start Of Term - Back To School staggered start times for year groups
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/