- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/19
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
Readathon Fundraising Success
Our sponsored Readathon fundraising event was a great success and we are very proud of our students and their families for helping raise a total of £1,205.15. This money will go towards helping sick children by buying books for children in hospital and 20% of the raised total supports the school.
We would like to remind parents that we ask that you do not enter the school driveway or parking spaces to drop off and collect students before or after school as this causes congestion. This can create hazards and obstruction, causing access issues to medical centre users and inconvenience to pedestrians and other road users. We politely ask that parents instead use the shopping centre car parks opposite or park further away in a safe, legal place for children to walk from/to.
Parking on the double yellow lines along Hedgefield Road outside school is prohibited may incur a Penalty Charge Notice with fines of £70 per instance as Liverpool City Council traffic control officers will be partrolling this area and enforcing penalty fines.
Y7 Girls Football Win
Congratulations to our Year 7 girls team on their 4-3 win against St Nicholas Academy, which included a hat trick scored by one team member.
In our continuing commitment to customer service we will shortly be making student reports available to parents in a number of ways by email or text and also accessible on the My Ed parent app via your mobile phone/device. Parents will have instant access to their child’s termly reports and full report in this way.
We will be trialling this firstly with the release of Year 11 Mock Exam results due to be made available to parents of Year 11 students on Monday 4th December.
Your Contact Details: Importance Of Keeping School Updated
It is very important that parents keep school informed with up to date contact details especially your mobile phone number, email and home address both for Safeguarding reasons and so that we can continue to keep parents informed in all communications including Reports. Please ensure that you have provided us with your current numbers/email and that you always let school know of any change of details immediately.
Safeguarding and E-Safety Advice
Last week we alerted parents to the potential dangers of a live broadcasting website (live streaming video app) called Bigo Live. Again, we must warn parents of the potential dangers of this live broadcasting website, BIGO LIVE, supposedly for over 17's. Schools are reporting issues in school with some younger pupils using this website and receiving contacts encouraging them to engage in inappropriate behaviours online.
We encourage parents to monitor their child’s social media and mobile phone content to be aware of what they may have access to. Parents can set parental controls on devices and restrict online access to age appropriate, safe content using a variety of tools. E-Safety advice to parents with guidance regards setting controls and how to go about that is provided on our website with links to those websites: click here
Below are a list of mobile based apps which have been used in cyber-enabled crime, in some cases in relation to Child Sexual Exploitation offences or inciting a minor. The apps have not been set up for this purpose, but it may be beneficial for parents to be aware that the apps listed have been utilised in this way. Click on the link to open: Potentially Dangerous Apps
To help parents have a better awareness of what apps children may be using and what they are, we have put together a list of online apps with a description about each, including some potentially risky apps. click here to open the list.
Safer Internet - Factsheet for Parents can be found here: http://gateacre.org/assets/Safer-Internet-Day-2017-Factsheet-for-Parents-and-Carers.pdf
Forthcoming Dates for Your Diary:
13th - 22nd November - Y11 Mock Exams
1st December - Y11 Mock Exam Results 3:15pm
14th December - 6th Form Parent Evening 3:45 - 6pm
19th December - Carol Concert 7pm
21st December - End of Autumn Term
8th January 2018 - Start of Spring Term
12th - 16th February 2018 - Half Term
1st March 2018 - SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/