- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
I sincerely hope you and your family had an enjoyable and restful break. I will be honest, I was glad to get back to school. Having a family myself there was only so much FIFA and Monopoly Empire edition I could take, especially being thrashed by a 9 year old, it does not do much to build the ego.
The first week after Christmas has gone exceptionally well. Yr 11’s and 10’s have begun to sit some of their modular exams, which leads me onto the fact we only have 9 weeks left of this term until we break for Easter. One of the key messages I am giving to staff is making sure we maximise our time with your child so that we make use of every minute.
We are continuing our drive to improve attendance, it is a very challenging time especially with the number of bugs, colds and such about but I must implore you to really support us in improving the attendance rates for Gateacre School. You can do this by sending your child in every day.
Gateacre School In The News
Gateacre School featured in a positive article published by the Liverpool Echo over December about Six Inspiring Schools which "have had an incredible transformation over the past year and deserve particular credit for driving through changes that may radically change pupils' lives for the better."
As you know, our Sixth Form provision was rated Good by Ofsted following the latest inspection in October and the published inspection report reflected the tremendous improvements made. Her Majesty's Inspector said in the report "It is therefore not surprising that more parents are choosing Gateacre School for their children."
Safeguarding and social media – ‘Sarahah’
It has been brought to our attention that there is an app/programme called ‘Sarahah’.
It works like an anonymous chat room, people can leave comments about friends and co-workers. The login website says ‘At work – enhance your areas of strength, strengthen areas for improvement’ and ‘With your friends - Improve your friendship by discovering your strengths and areas for improvement and let your friends be honest with you’.
I am sure it does do that, but also because of the anonymity that the platform provides it also means that people can type things, that to be honest, are just plain horrible.
As ever, please be aware what your children are using online and via social media. Being forewarned is forearmed.
You may remember that before Christmas we used our MyED parent app and email to distribute mock results for Year 11 pupils.
We are now expanding our use of this to include reports. Assessment Point 1 (AP1) reports for Years 7, 8, 10 and Y12 will be issued today (Friday 12th). You will have received a text yesterday to inform you of this.
As ever, we are cautiously optimistic that the technology will work. There were no issues reported from the Yr 11 run. Please, if you notice something wrong, do let us know so we can work with the app developers and our IT systems to make sure that we give you a reliable, quality service.
Charity Work In The Community
Our Business Studies students, as part of their many charity fundraising activities, delivered wonderful surprise Christmas Hampers to the Northwest Stroke Association in December much to the delight of the stroke survivor group who sent in a letter of thanks.
Read the full news story here: http://www.gateacre.org/about-us/news/new-news-article-3/
John Lewis have a stock clearance sale of Gateacre School uniform at drastically reduced prices from £4.50. Parents might be interested to take advantage of this great opportunity to purchase various items including blazers, jumpers and tank tops online.
- Buy Gateacre Unisex Jumper click here https://www.johnlewis.com/gateacre-school-pullover-black/p342968
- Buy Gateacre Unisex Sleeveless Tank Top click here https://www.johnlewis.com/gateacre-school-slipover-black/p342969
- Buy Gateacre Girls Blazer click here https://www.johnlewis.com/gateacre-school-girls'-eco-blazer-black/p338407
- Buy Gateacre Boys Blazer click here https://www.johnlewis.com/gateacre-school-boys'-eco-blazer-black/p338406?navAction=jump
Dates for Your Diary:
8th January 2018 - Start of Spring Term
8th February 2018 - Y11 Parents Evening
12th - 16th February 2018 - Half Term
22nd February 2018 - Y8 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd February 2018 - Y9 Options Information for Parents 6:30pm
1st March 2018 - SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING
8th March 2018 - Y9 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd March 2018 - Y7 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
26th March - 8th April 2018 - EASTER/SPRING BREAK