- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
6th Form Open Evening
Thank you to all those that braved the weather and joined Mrs Kinder last night for the 6th Form Open Evening.
We are looking at running a second evening after Easter in order to provide those who wanted to attend but were not able to another opportunity to look at why we are top for A Level and Applied progress in Liverpool as well as being in the top 10% nationally. We will communicate this closer to the time, hopefully when there is less snow and slightly warmer weather.
Follow these links to see for yourself …
And for Applied progress look here …
We are really proud of what we have achieved over the past year and being top of the table is down to the hard work of the pupils, parents/carers and staff here at Gateacre School.
For more information on Gateacre School Sixth Form including what we offer and how to apply please visit the Sixth Form area of our website or click here....http://gateacre.org/sixth-form/why-choose-gateacre/
The first week of our attendance strategies was a resounding success with every day above 92%. This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster, some individual year groups being way above 95% whilst others struggling to achieve this.
We are going to continue our push with communicating with parents and carers as this has had a marked difference and I will continue to reflect on how best we serve all those in our school community, to strive to achieve the best rates of attendance possible.
Just to remind you, anything above 95% is considered Good attendance. Below this, it is a cause for concern, most schools across the country are achieving 95% and there is no reason why we cannot do so either.
Standards and expectations
Unfortunately, I have had to discuss standards of dress and uniform with 3 pupils this week specifically in regards to wearing false nails.
I would like to remind all parents and carers that we publicise our expectations on our webpage here…
Please remember that we are a large community with nearly 1000 members and that is why it is important that we have clear standards on such things as uniform and appearance.
World Book Day
To celebrate World Book Day yesterday, Mrs Melhuish delivered an inspired Harry Potter themed whole school event in celebration of the joy of reading and literature, much to the delight of students and staff. Year 5 children from Norman Pannell Primary School also joined us to take part in our Harry Potter Activities and today our BIG Little Library welcomed Year 5 students from Woolton Primary School to choose books and create birthday cards to celebrate the BLL’s 2nd Anniversary organized by our dedicated Community Co-ordinator, Lisa Mitchell.
Throughout World Book day, our students and staff also took part in charitable work and fundraising by collecting pairs of socks for donation to the Paper Cup Project, which is a Liverpool based charity helping the region's homeless and rough sleepers by providing food, clothing, a listening ear and raising awareness of homelessness. They are only a very small charity so need all the help they can get. To find out how you can help or get involved with the charity click here https://www.facebook.com/papercupprojectLPL/
Year 10 students enjoyed another inspiring workshop on Thursday, delivered by Humanutopia, which challenges students to open up and be honest with both the team and themselves, targeting issues and building hope; confidence; happiness; relationships and employability leaving everyone involved feeling great and ready to tackle the daily challenges they face. More about our own Gateacre School team of Humanutopia Heroes and our shared ethos of kindness can be seen in the video clips below:-
Dates for Your Diary:
6th March 2018- PTFA Meeting 11am at the Friday Harbour Café in Belle Vale
8th March 2018 - Y9 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
8th March 2017 - Y9 Amsterdam Trip Information for parents 6pm - 7pm
22nd March 2018 - Y7 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
23rd March 2018 - Y9 Amsterdam Trip
26th March - 8th April 2018 - EASTER/SPRING BREAK
9th April 2018 - Summer Term begins
14th May - Exams Commence
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/