- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/19
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
Department for Education visit
This week we were visited by George Lloyd, and Educational Advisor for the DfE. He was given a tour of the building, a chance to observe lessons as well chat to members of staff in regards to the ongoing improvements within the school.
The visit was extremely positive which further recognised the continued drive for better pupil outcomes for all of our pupils. More information will follow in due course.
Attendance and waffles
This is the first week of our “Win a waffle Friday” attendance drive.
The highest attending form in each year group will be given a free waffle at break each Friday until May half term.
This week’s winners were-
Year 7 7.2 (99%)
Year 8 8.1 and 8.2 (97%)
Year 9 9.4 (99%)
Year 10 10.1 (99%)
Year 11 11.6 (98%)
As you know school attendance is vitally important for pupils to be successful, we have an aspirational target of 97%. This is 2% above the national attendance average across the rest of the country who attend approximately 95% of the time.
Our whole school attendance for this week was just above 90% and therefore it is vital that over the coming term we continue to expect all pupils to attend every single school day.
We are heading towards a critical time, especially for KS4 and KS5 pupils who are sitting their GCSE, A Level and Vocational exams in the coming weeks.
Every absence from school makes it harder for your child to keep up with the new demands expected of all pupils across the country when they come to sit their examinations.
The nominations are now open for this year’s ECHO Schools Awards 2018 - an annual celebration of Merseyside’s most inspiring schools, staff and pupils.
The judges are urging school leaders, staff members and parents to nominate anyone who has made them proud over the past year.
The awards are back for a fifth year in 2018, and are free to enter.
Alastair Machray, editor of the ECHO, said: “Whether you are a teacher, a pupil or a parent, this exciting and prestigious event is your chance to salute your school as we aim to identify and reward the very best. And we are on the look-out too for success stories across a range of categories. I am sure your school deserves recognition. If so send your entries to be part of the ECHO Schools Awards.”
“We will be naming the overall ECHO School of the Year for 2018, for a primary and secondary school our judges’ think has had the most outstanding year.”
Nominations can be made here
Last year we were nominated for a number of awards which was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate all that we do each and every day.
Easter school review and exam countdown
Well done to the many students who attended our revision classes during the Easter Holidays. All sessions were very well attended.
The passport to Blackpool initiative is having a huge impact thus far and ‘Pizza Wednesday’ continues to be a massive success, both in terms of pupil turn out and the amount of pizza eaten on the night.
In order for pupils to secure their place on the Blackpool trip (IT IS FREE!!), there are now 4 more weeks in the lead up towards the summer exam season.
Parents, please continue to ask your child these questions:
• Have you got your GCSE Pod login?
• Which after school sessions are you doing this week (you’ve got to go to maths!)?
• Is there anything I can help you with?
• Are you ok?
The run up to GCSE exams is a stressful time and, as adults, sometimes we forget what it was like for us because it was such a long, long time ago. Please do remember that we are here to help your child and if you need some advice we are here to help you too.
Attitude to Learning
From Monday we are going to launch Attitude to Learning grades for Year 10 in preparation for the lead into Year 11. Essentially we do not want them to lose any time between now and July, and get them to consider how well they approach their learning.
ATL will be measured with a 1-4 scale (for further details please click here)
• 1 = outstanding
• 2 = good
• 3 = need for improvement
• 4 = serious concerns
What is in it for your child?
Your child will get better outcomes.
We will take all pupils who get an average of 1 – 2.4 across all of their subjects on a ATL reward trip at the end of the year.
We will share the first set of averages before Half term and then a final review prior to the ATL reward trip.
Uniform and shoe standards and expectations
Please remember that at any time you can check online what our expectations are regarding uniform, we are no different than any other school and we want our pupils to look smart at all times. In order that we maintain our ‘Gold Standard’ expectation of all of our pupils you can find more information by clicking here.
Dates for Your Diary:
20th April 2018, 11am - PTFA Meeting, Friday Harbor Café, Belle Vale Shopping Centre
3rd May 3.45pm-6pm- Year 10 Parents' Evening
14th May - Exams Commence
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/