- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
This week has seen the school achieve its best attending week for some time. This could be for lots of reasons; lots of extra-curricular activities taking place such as dragon boat racing, preparation for plays or even just wanting to perform well in the final assessments of the year.
Current Year 10 pupils (new Year 11) have had the following attendance percentage:
Monday = 94.5 Tuesday = 94.5 Wednesday = 92.6 Thursday = 93.9 Friday (today) = 89.1
This leads us at school to ask some difficult questions… why is Friday attendance so much lower than any other day? Where are the pupils if they are not in school? Are they safe and well? How can we help them have better attendance? What are we doing wrong?
In twelve months’ time your child will have completed their GCSEs and will wait until the 23rd August to find out how they did. Children who attend on a regular basis do better than those that do not – FACT.
I want your child to achieve the very best results they possibly can, this will be made more difficult if you let them take time off. If your child is not in they are missing learning that is difficult to make up, it is difficult but not impossible.
The more regular we can get your child to attend from now until they sit their final GCSE, the more confident they will be, the less stressed they will be about their exams and ultimately the happier they will be.
Keeping your child off school without good reason is harming your child, we want them in school because we want them to do well in their future.
Combined Cadet Force - https://combinedcadetforce.org.uk/
The school has been selected to start its own Cadet Force Unit detachment as we had secured a bid from the Department for Education and MoD and we are in the very early stages of establishing how this will operate from January 2019.
We are looking for a volunteer or two to help with the start up and running to be done jointly with staff from another school who already run three Cadet Schemes in their own schools.
If you are able to commit to up to two hours on a Friday afternoon from approximately 2:45pm – 4:45pm, or would like to know a little bit more about the opportunity please get in touch and ask to speak to the Headteacher’s PA in the first instance.
Children that take part in Cadets outside of school engage in lots of outdoor pursuit activities, team building, expeditions, first aid training, Duke of Edinburgh as well as a range of other activities.
Dragon Boat Race
Gateacre Team Win The Heat
Each year the Confucius Institute run an annual Dragon Boat Race for local secondary schools at Liverpool Marina. This year 15 of our Y8 students represented Gateacre at the event. The purpose of the event was to enhance healthy competition through co-operation and team work. The fastest boat was the boat that could work together. Each race brought with it improvements for the Gateacre crew as they became more focused and resilient and started to buy into what they needed to do to improve. By the end of the day we won our heat and set the second fastest time of the day! A huge thank you to our PE department and to Liverpool Water Sports Centre for hosting a brilliant event.
Gateacre Is School Of The Week On Radio City
Radio Interview With The Headteacher
Last week, Gateacre School were featured as the School Of The Week on Radio City Talk and I was interviewed live on the radio by show presenters Les Stewart and Mick Coyle.
If you missed the live interview broadcast on the show and you would like to listen to it you can do so by clicking on the link here:
Art Exhibition - Tuesday 10th July 4pm to 6:30pm
We never cease to be impressed and amazed by the standard of excellence produced by our students in Art. A celebration of the outstanding quality of Art produced by our students can be enjoyed at our Art Exhibition on Tuesday 10th July from 4pm to 6:30pm to which we would like to invite parents to enjoy this special viewing of art and ceramics.
Open Evening – Wednesday 26th September 2018
We have already begun to plan our next Open Evening on Wednesday 26th September from 5pm to 8pm. We will provide more information nearer to the event, however if you are reading this as a parent from a primary school we can provide tours of the school at a time convenient to you and are always happy to show what we do here at Gateacre.
End of term arrangements 2018
School finishes on Friday 20th July at 12:00.
I will publish arrangements for the start of the new school year closer to the end of term as well as reminders via social media over the holidays.
Dates for Your Diary:
25th June Y11 Prom
3rd July Y6 Parents Information Evening - doors open 5pm (Headteacher welcome at 6pm)
4th July Y6 Induction Day
4th & 9th July Matilda 6.30pm
10th July Art Exhibition 4pm -6.30pm
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
17th July Music Concert
20th July End of Term
4th September Start Of Term - Back To School staggered start times for year groups
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/