- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
An extraordinary week for Year 10, 98% attendance for Thursday with Year 9 and Year 7 showing that they are not too far behind.
A shaky week for Year 8 who have generally attended quite well for a number of weeks, Year 11 though struggling to climb into the 90’s.
What is important to note, especially for Year 11 parents that read this, is that there are unfortunately a very small minority of pupils who struggle to attend school which is such a shame given how close to the end it is and how crucial every day between now and the start of your exams.
Year 13 IT & Year 11 CIDA Success
Congratulations to Y13 who achieved excellent exam results in their Cambridge Technicals in IT. We are very proud of the students, some of whom achieved Distinction grades. And congratulations to Y11 for working hard on their CIDA Certificate in Digital Applications Qualification and achieving outstanding results for their coursework unit (including As, Bs, Cs).
World Book Day
World Book Day was a fantastic success once again this year and we are very proud to be one of very few Secondary Schools to celebrate the event in a meaningful way. That is because we are deeply committed to our students reading for pleasure.
The sixth form area was alive with activity and many departments or individuals ran stalls featuring books relevant to their subject areas. Stalls ranged from 'Lord of the Rings' to 'Marvel', from Fairytales to mindfulness, from trying on costumes to Manga and much, much more. See our twitter and facebook feeds for more photos and to see the full video on Facebook here.
Gateacre played host to the entire Our Lady of the Assumption primary school whose students arrived sporting some amazing costumes. Hundreds of free books were given out, students took part in a huge range of activities and had a thoroughly lovely time thanks to the hard work of our Literacy Co-ordinator, Mrs Melhuish for organising this wonderful event every year.
Keeping Safe Online
Parents please visit our E-Safety advice page on the website which provides lots of helpful guidance about online safety for your child, tips and links to useful sites with how to guides such as how to set parental controls. Visit our E-Safety page here.
Some basic advice about creating a safe environment that you are able to control so your child can stay safe online:
- Ensure you know what your children can access online
- Ensure children understand the importance of not giving personal information to anyone they do not know
- Tell your children no-one has the right to make them do anything they do not want to do
- Use parental controls to keep children safe
Liverpool Local Education Authority has an online Twitter portal where anyone can stay up to date with information about such matters. We would recommend following as both accounts have tweeted information about this in the past few days: @silesafety and @SILsafeguarding
A Level Drama students showcased some exceptional work to staff, parents and the examiner on 26th February. The evening showcase saw a moving monologue from Emily Cook, a group piece which turned the theatre into a cocktail bar with the audience being ‘served’ by four unhappy waitresses and another group piece which put a surprising and comical twist on the traditional story of Hansel and Gretel.
Caesura theatre company from LIPA delivered two wonderfully interactive performances to Y10 and Y12 Drama students last Friday and Monday. The performances, entitled ‘Are you going to pay for that DNA?’ and ‘Faceless’ encouraged students to consider the dystopian societies being presented and the issues faced by the characters. Both plays were thought provoking and memorable.
The Royal Court kindly visited us today for the second time this academic year, this time bringing to us the sequel to ‘Terriers’ which students watched back in November. ‘Terriers 2: Eve’s story’ explored what happened to one of the main characters (Eve) since she became involved in a gang. This production was educational and enjoyed by the entire year 8 and 9 cohorts.
Next week's word of the week (WOW) is:
Dates for Your Diary:
28th March: Y8 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
4th April: Y7 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
5th April: End of Term (Easter holidays 8th to 23rd April)
23rd April Start of Summer Term
LEADERSHIP TEAM OF THE YEAR HEADTEACHER OF THE YEAR