- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsletter 25/11/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsletter 3rd December 2019
- Newsletter 9/12/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsletter 16/12/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsletter 6th January 2020
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsletter 13th January 2020
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsletter 20/01/20
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- Blood Brothers
- We are the champions!
- Girls Football update
- Ghost Hunting with Yvette Fielding
- Project Phosela
- Ghost Hunting with Archie, Yvette and Watson
- Peace Out
- Basketball update
- Cyber Champions
- Another Place
- BIG Little Library Christmas Book Flood
- Drama at The Basement
- Christmas Comedy Cracker
- Carol Concert
- Girls in STEM
- Strauss and Stravinsky
- FREE online course for parents, carers and grandparents
- Coming Soon! Bands Night
- City indoor athletics competition
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Y11 mock exams commence Monday 12th November
Y11, have you prepared yourself and started to use GCSE Pod, revision materials, teacher guidance?
Year 11s our purpose is to help you achieve your very best results but to do that you have to work hard in lessons and at home. From Monday 12th November you have 23 school weeks left until your real exams start, the time will fly by so quickly.
Shall we plug GCSE Pod again? I think we should. It is free to use, it is fantastic and if you are not using it yet you should be because lots of your friends are. Y11 you all have your login details so please use it. https://www.gcsepod.com/our-pods/
What is GCSEPod? Subject Knowledge delivered in an app in short 3-5 minute bursts directly to your mobile to help students learn and revise. There is a strong correlation between GCSEPod usage and improved results. You can see a short video about it below - What is GCSEPod?
GCSE students try looking at the following things; GCSE Bitesize revision on the BBC website, Corbett Maths https://corbettmaths.com/5-a-day/gcse/.
Next week and all through the Mock Exam fortnight, the school is open from 07:00am for any Year 11’s who wish to come and do some revision, preparation or extra work. Please remember there are after school revision sessions provided every day (see link below).
There is NO study leave for Y11 pupils.
Better Attendance = Better Exam Success
Parents, essentially we are asking your child to attend every day and, importantly, try as hard as they can to get their very best grade. This is particularly so for Year 11s as the direct link between attendance and exam success is proven. It is very simple. The better the attendance, the better exam results.
We will continue to communicate with you via this newsflash some of the special things that we are putting in place for Year 11 so that they are in the very best possible place for next year’s exams. It will be quite high pressure, if you have older children you will know how stressful Year 11 can be, but we have all been through it and survived.
All I ask from you is to make sure your son or daughter attends every single day and tries as hard as they can. No holidays in term time, absolutely no holidays in May or June 2019, if your child attends every day and they will get results that you will be rightly proud of.
Y7 Football Team Excellent Performance
Yesterday our Y7s performed brilliantly to beat North Liverpool Academy 4-1 in the first league match of the season. After going 1-0 down, the boys stayed calm against a strong team and came back scoring four goals in the second half. Captain Max Webster scored two, Louie Goulding and man of the match Kieran Law added the others. The boys behaved impeccably and were a credit to the school.
Parents - Conversation Starter
As part of #WakeUpWednesday campaign, National Online Safety have created a free 'conversation starter' poster for parents about online safety. The guide includes 7 questions to get 'the conversation' going in relation to your child's internet usage. Engaging in regular, two-way communication with children about online activities is a really important way of building trust and highlighting the dangers they are exposed to every day.
Please help spread the message by sharing this guide for parents & carers on: Twitter: https://twitter.com/natonlinesafety/status/1060140712686161927
Y7-9 students enjoyed a great evening at a performance of 'Nativity, the Musical' even donning Christmas jumpers to truly get into the spirit. The show featured all of the favourite sing-a-long hits from the movies including Sparkle and Shine, Nazareth, One Night One Moment, She’s the Brightest Star and a whole host of new songs filled with the festive the spirit of Christmas. Read more about Drama experiences and opportunities provided to our students this year in this Drama round up here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/201819-news/theres-always-drama/
Our students getting into the spirit of Christmas already.
Dates for Your Diary:
Y11 Mock Exams commence 12th November
Y11 Mock Results: Friday 30th November
INSET Day: 3rd December
Y11 Parent Evening: 6th December
End Of Term: 21st December