- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- Archive Newsflash
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Monday to Thursday has just been exceptional whole school, above national average near enough every day, years 7 and 8 have been fantastic. After 3 years of hard work we are all really pleased with how school attendance is now showing an incredible turnaround (when I started we were in real trouble as the previous year average was 89%). Thanks to your support, we have made some huge improvements but let’s keep going, keep getting better and keep improving even more.
80% attendance is 1 day off a week, 39 days off a year, 195 learning hours lost over a year, one full school year not attended over 5 years. That’s why I talk about it so much and so often, good school attendance is critical to your child doing well in their GCSEs. Getting good outcomes in GCSEs gives your child options – they can choose what they want to do post 16 and feel that they have achieved something.
As ever though, we turn to Friday’s attendance……Yes it was raining hard today, like it was on Wednesday and Tuesday.
Tuesday 18th final GCSE exam – Statistics paper 2
- The very last paper of the year for our select groups of Year 11 and some tremendously talented Year 10 mathematicians who are sitting this GCSE a full year early.
- Ms Calvert is delivering a special Statistics Paper 2 revision session Monday 17th June period 1 and 2.
Lunch time - new menus
I’m sure your children came home on Monday in absolute disbelief that they couldn’t purchase a chicken burger. Such was the discord some Year 10 boys wanted, nay, demanded to see me to make their thoughts on the matter known “Sir, what’s all this about? I want a burger!”. “Sorry chaps, we’re doing something different, give it a chance”.
So as the week has gone on, the quality and taste of the food each day has been exceptional and I can say that, not only as a very fussy eater but someone who tends to have the same thing near enough every day.
I would very much like to thank you yet again for the great work you must be doing at home as, in other schools I worked in, I would have had to spend the entire week dealing with complaints and concerns. I haven’t and that I would like to think is largely down to the high levels of trust we have developed over the past few years whereby, if we make a change to something, as a parent/carer, you will know that we have thought long and hard about any unintended consequences and made sure that whatever decision is made it is done for the benefit of every single pupil at this school.
Feedback yesterday from the same year 10 boys about a Cajun chicken and rice dish…”it’s boss this Sir”.
Regards meat free Mondays, for those pupils struggling with the concept of going meat free one day a week there is an interesting piece about environmental impact here: https://www.hellomagazine.com/cuisine/2017061339754/health-benefits-vegetarian-once-a-week/
The weekly lunch menus can be viewed on our School Meals page here:https://www.gateacre.org/school-life/healthy-school-meals/
5 Star Food Hygiene Ranking
To make sure that we are following food hygiene legislation, local authority enforcement officers have conducted a food hygiene inspection today. During the inspection the enforcement officer checked to make sure that we're meeting legal food hygiene and safety requirements and that the food we are producing is safe for students to eat.
We are delighted to have maintained the highest 5 star ‘very good’ ranking and that the inspector commented on our ‘excellent standards’.
Gateacre takeover day at Rudston Primary
Staff and students had a great #GateacreTakeover Day at Rudston Primary School working with all of Year 4 and 5 for the entire day, organised by our Community Co-ordinator, Lisa Mitchell. Each student participated in 5 workshops:
- Maths- Codebreakers
- Business Studies- Production Line
- Drama- Jungle Book
- Music- Samba
- Inclusion- Superheroes
All students commented how much they'd enjoyed themselves and loved working with the older students. The day was a great success, culminating in a celebration event at the end of the day with all the children receiving certificates, plus some extra special mentions for students showing the most effort. A wonderful day was had by all!
We received delightful feedback from W. Walters, Headteacher of Rudston Primary who wrote:
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you from myself, staff and children for all your hard work in organising today’s takeover day. The staff and children are ‘buzzing’ about the amazing opportunities available to children at Gateacre.
Can you also thank your staff and children who came and made the day unforgettable and inspiring they were all a real credit to you."
Dates For Your Diary:
2nd July: Y6 Parents Information Evening 6pm (Sportsbarn)
3rd July: Y6 Induction Day
2nd, 3rd, 5th July: Jungle Book the show - doors open 6pm (tickets £3.50)
4th July: Y10 Parents Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
9th July: Art Exhibition
16th July: Summer Concert 7pm
19th July: End of Term
Apply for free school meals online, it's easy. Click here: www.liverpool.gov.uk/free-school-meals