- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- Archive Newsflash
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Comparing the end of the half term this year to the same point last year, we have made some huge improvements. Last year, in terms of percentage, we barely made the high 80s - a range of issues and illnesses from; several strains of flu, to parents taking children on holiday, or simply just having a day off -all contributed to a low figure.
This year, we are seeing attendance across all years (bar Year 11) improve dramatically and this is such an encouraging sign, especially given we are in the education business and all we want is for every child to achieve their personal best.
Getting good outcomes at either GCSE or A Level requires good school attendance, if your child is not here then they are not learning.
Year 7 had a fantastic day on Tuesday, only 2 pupils out of the entire year group were off. Such a shame though that it couldn’t be carried through the rest of the week.
Well done again to Year 10, continuing a trend from when they were in Year 8 and Year 9 of being regular attenders.
Today is the last day of the half term and we reopen again Monday 25th February at 07:30, free breakfast is available to all pupils so there is no excuse for not getting in on time and being ready to learn.
Standards & Expectations
At the end of each half term we like to remind parents and carers about our high expectations with regards to uniform, equipment and pupil presentation.
The following link https://www.gateacre.org/school-life/uniform-what-is-and-isnt-allowed-2/ will take you directly to our webpage that has clear images to show you what is and is not allowed. We have even gone to the lengths of identifying with a green circle the shoe styles that are the most popular.
Parent Governor Election
Last week we released candidate statements from the four parents/carers who applied to take on the important role of parent governor (for which there are two vacancies) to represent parent voice on what will be Gateacre’s newly formed full governing body as we move from our current Interim Executive Board status. Following election by ballot, I am pleased to announce the two candidates with the majority vote, and first past the post, have been appointed Parent Governor: Mr Atkinson and Mrs Jenkins.
Year 11 Exam Preparations
A reminder that there are a range of apps, websites available to help your child use the holiday time to their advantage.
Science have secured Tassimai app, Maths have their PIXL app and for other subjects BBC GCSE bitesize, as well as the more traditional revision guides are available. As an example, we published a little reminder today via our social media platforms about the different history knowledge organisers that are available.
Struggling with organising a revision timetable or even how to go about helping your child?
The 5 habits of an effective learner can be found here: https://chronotopeblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/wellington-college-study-guide1.pdf
WOW: 25th February 2019
After half term when we return on Monday 25th February the word of the week (WOW) will be:
World Book Day
Staff and students are very much looking forward to celebrating World Book Day on 7th March 2019. World Book Day is a registered charity whose mission is to give every child and young person a book of their own. We will be giving out free books or vouchers, putting on interactive displays and hosting junior schools. Some staff and students will be dressing up, most departments will be presenting books to do with their subject and all of year 7 and 8 pupils will visit the displays.
Sixth Form Open Evening 28th February 4pm - 6pm
Dates for Your Diary:
18th - 22nd February: HALF TERM
28th February: Sixth Form Open Evening 4PM - 6pm
7th March: World Book Day
28th March: Y8 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
4th April: Y7 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
5th April: End of Term (Easter holidays 8th to 23rd April)
23rd April Start of Summer Term