- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- Archive Newsflash
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
A yo-yo week in terms of attendance for some year groups, whilst others are continuing to perform consistently well. Special recognition to Years 7 and 10 for a slow start to the week but as a collective are either at or above nationally recognised levels of good attendance.
Year 8 and 9 have struggled somewhat to maintain the gains made in previous weeks, however coughs, colds and the dreaded sniffles have affected some children this week.
Whilst Year 11 looks disappointing it is always important to look behind a figure and find out what is happening. Unfortunately this year group in particular going right back to year 7 have always had children who are persistently absent which affects the overall picture, we have seen more pupils attending more often than in Year 10 but again the impact of those pupils and parents who seem not to care as much about schooling affects the overall figure.
To those Year 11’s who turn up every day, thank you. To those Year 11’s who are still struggling to get to school never forget we are here to help and support you as much as we can.
We want all of our pupils to exceed their abilities for that to happen it starts with attending school.
Big Bang Competition UK Finals - National Champions Junior Science 2019
UK Young Scientists & Engineers Competition
The national finals of The Big Bang Competition UK Young Scientists & Engineers 2019 followed on from the regional event we reported on last summer, where our girls won Stem Club Of The Year. Year 10 girls: Ellen Ramage-Jones, Emily Cook, Freya Barnes and Hollie Gilchrist had their own exhibition stand and showcased their project to VIP judges and thousands of visitors over the two day event. The girls' project ‘Naturally Infused’ ran away with the competition held at the NEC Birmingham this week.
The standard of competition was incredibly high but the girls, ably supported by Ms Kane, designed and executed a superb marketing strategy to show off exactly what they had been working on and how their natural soaps and skincare range with exotic oils, herbs and plant extracts not only have a low environmental impact but have proven medicinal properties too.
Visit from star of TVs ‘The Apprentice’
Today Year 11 were treated to a very special guest, Adam Corbally, who gave up some time from his busy schedule to talk to our Year 11 pupils about dreams, aspirations, life in general and how hard work, determination and a bit of grit gets you to where you want to go.
Adam and our Headteacher Mr Roberts were friends at school and, after Mr Roberts struggled to find work after his University course finished, it was Adam that gave Mr Roberts his first ‘proper’ job selling fruit and veg on a market stall. Highlights were 3am starts in all weathers, setting up a steel stall in driving snow and pitching ‘come on ladies, lets feed those babies’ to the patrons of the local outdoor market.
Year 11 exam countdown: GCSEpod
open GCSEpod parents guide as pdf
Next week's word of the week (WOW) is:
Dates for Your Diary:
28th March: Y8 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
4th April: Y7 Parent Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
5th April: End of Term (Easter holidays 8th to 23rd April)
23rd April Start of Summer Term
LEADERSHIP TEAM OF THE YEAR HEADTEACHER OF THE YEAR