- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsletter 25/11/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsletter 3rd December 2019
- Newsletter 9/12/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Big week for Year 10 with mock exams taking place and, quite honestly, what a culture shift there has been in what is relatively only a short period of time. More pupils spending more time openly revising in the atrium, setting a fantastic example for the rest of the school that have been able to see some outstanding pupil leadership, working hard and effort matters. A really proud moment for us.
Of course Year 10 have had an excellent week with attendance which the chart below will show.
However, with that being said about the incredible attendance, twenty five Year 10 pupils were late to the morning exams - disrupting the start which isn’t fair. I will contact these parents/carers individually. We just do not get it. We really need your help and support to sort this out.
Other year groups have been a bit of a roller-coaster. Some days, individually, Years 7, 8 and 9 have been at or above the national average and then, for what seems no reason at all, slipping right back to the low 90’s the next day. Frustrating to be honest, especially when reflecting on just how far we have come.
Again Friday attendance I can only describe as bizarre. A four day week for your child is harming their chances of doing well in their education. A serious question:
“why do you want to harm your own child’s future?”
Just so you know…90% attendance means the equivalent of missing 4 whole weeks in one school year. Over 5 years this is the equivalent of missing HALF a school year. Missing just 17 days in one year can mean dropping a full grade at GCSE. That’s why we talk about attendance all the time and we place it so highly in promoting good outcomes, if your child is not in school they are not learning.
Y2 Springwood Heath Primary School
We had a wonderful morning in our BIG Little Library with Year 2 students from Springwood Heath Primary School.
All students took at least 3 books home with them along with three boxes full of books for their school, and a book specifically chosen for their class.
The students also created some lovely art displays for our walls and by all accounts had a fantastic time.
TES Awards 2019
We are delighted Gateacre School has been shortlisted for the Community and Collaboration Award for its community venture, Big Little Library.
The annual TES Awards recognise the most outstanding individuals and institutions that the UK education sector has to offer.
TES editor said:
"It is wonderful to see such great ideas and excellent practice emerging from our schools and teachers, especially at a time when schools are under financial pressure.
We had a record number of entries this year and the standard was very high, so all those shortlisted should be very proud: it’s an extraordinary achievement to be on this shortlist."
Winners will be revealed tonight at a sparkling gala awards evening in London at the Grosvenor House Hotel, attended by 2,000 guests from schools across the country. Updates will be shared on our social media Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Liverpool Children's Festival of Reading
Next Saturday 29th June we will be holding a free event for children aged 6-13 and their families in our (now famous) Big Little Library situated in Belle Vale Shopping Centre, as part of the Liverpool Children's Festival of Reading. Details below:
Next week's word of the week will be:
Jungle Book - 2nd, 3rd & 5th July
We are all looking forward immensely to our annual spectacular show which this year will be Jungle Book Kids - Disney Performance. Tickets are now on sale to see this great production brought to you by our Drama & Music departments, featuring not only our super talented students but some of our local primary school students as well. Please see the show promo below for information and where to buy tickets.
Dates For Your Diary:
2nd July: Y6 Parents Info Evening (Sportsbarn) Doors open 5pm, Headteacher's Talk 6pm
3rd July: Y6 Induction Day
2nd, 3rd, 5th July: Jungle Book the show - doors open 6pm (tickets £3.50)
4th July: Y10 Parents Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
9th July: Art Exhibition
16th July: Summer Concert 7pm
19th July: End of Term
15th Aug: 8-11am A level results
22nd Aug: 9-11am GCSE results
2nd & 3rd Sept: INSET DAYS
4th Sept: Start of Term
20th Sept: INSET Day
Apply for free school meals online, it's easy. Click here: www.liverpool.gov.uk/free-school-meals