- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Community Fair Saturday 22nd September 12pm–4pm
Our Community Fair and Family Fun Day will have lots of attractions, stalls and fun activities
It is sure to be a great day and we hope you can come along with family and friends to enjoy the fun: go-karts; inflatable obstacle course; zorbs; arts and craft stalls; soap and candles; jewellery; holistic and wellbeing therapies; cakes and wedding favours; magic tricks; food, ice cream, chocolates and confectionery; Masterchef 2010 winner; live DJ, samba band and music plus performances from local Dance Schools and primary school choir.
Open Evening Wednesday 26th September 5pm – 8pm
We are opening our school on Wednesday evening to all parents and carers of Year 6 and Year 5 pupils. This is our opportunity to talk about and show all the things we are exceptionally good at and proud of.
I would like to extend an invitation to current, or very recent past parents and carers, who feel they have time to spare on Wednesday and be part of Gateacre Parent Panel which will be on hand to talk to prospective parents about your experiences since I have been Headteacher.
If you think you could spare some of your time, please contact either Lisa Mitchel or Gina Kane so that we may begin to organise the panel. As this is the first time we have done this I have no idea what response I am going to get, but I am hoping to have between 5 and 8 parents at the event.
Standards and expectations – attendance
Good attendance is crucial to being successful in school: those that attend school the most perform the best.
We have seen this with our Year 13 A Level students last year who, again, performed exceptionally well and we think looking at provisional results has helped place the school in the top 10% nationally for the second year running – those that did the best turned up and worked hard.
We have an aspiration that all pupils will eventually attend over 97%, we very much want every pupil in every day for 190 days.
That is where we need your support as parents and carers discussing with your child how important attending school is and equally how important trying to achieve your personal best is also.
Year 11 Information Evening Tuesday 9th October 2018
More information will be provided over the coming weeks but, in brief, it is an opportunity for us to talk to you about the best use of the time left in Year 11; to share with you learning from the Year 11’s who sat their exams in the summer; and how those pupils that achieved the best grades do so. I will be present, along with members of staff from my Senior Team and department leaders; there will be a formal presentation and then a more informal opportunity to discuss any issues or concerns you may have.
Year 11 and Year 13 countdown
You have 29 school weeks and 145 school days left.
This week have a look through your work from the previous year and see what you can remember, and where you are possibly still unsure.
The process of revisiting your notes will help your brain reconnect the neural pathways and increase the strength of the memory process, meaning that whilst you may struggle to remember or retain the information right now, in a month or two months’ time by repeating this process you will have retained far more knowledge than not doing this.
Another reminder about GCSE Pod, it is such a fantastic resource and it is yours for FREE. The more you use it, and the more you interact with it, the more confident you will feel in the summer sitting your exams. We have some early indication that those students who watched/downloaded/listened to the most ‘Pods’ performed better in their exams when compared to their expected targets.
Simply put, hard work and effort matter.
Dates for Your Diary:
Community Fair: 22nd September 12pm - 4pm
Y13 Parents' Finance Information Talk 6pm - 7:30pm
Open Evening: 26th September 5pm - 8pm
Year 11 Information Evening: Tuesday 9th October
Half Term: 22nd to 26th October
INSET Day: 3rd December
End Of Term: 21st December
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/