- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome back to a new and fresh half term. As the next 7 weeks unfold in this busy time of year, I hope that our students remember in the dark winter mornings and evenings to dress appropriately in winter clothing and that they are visible to motorists and other road users.
This half term is witness to an increase in school activities from mock examinations for Year 11 students, Parents’ Evenings for both Key Stage 5 and Year 11 students, visits to Crosby Beach, Drama Showcase and the Christmas Carol Concert - a busy half term indeed! Please can parents ensure that those important dates and more are in your diary.
We begin this half term with a re-emphasis of the Gateacre Way: a focus on the basic expectations, encapsulated with the PH2 abbreviation (Politeness, Honesty, Hard Work) with the addition of the 3 Ls (Litter, Left, Lateness). These are all part of the Gateacre Way and form an intrinsic part of our culture and expectations. This does not mean, however, that we do not continue to focus on attendance and punctuality. During this week I am meeting with parents and carers of students who are persistently later to school, across all year groups. Punctuality is a skill leant in school, necessary for life; a fact that we in school both encourage and endorse. Please continue encouraging your child to attend school regularly and punctually.
Attend today: achieve tomorrow.
Y11 Mock Exams
For parents and carers of Year 11 students, please ensure that they are preparing appropriately for their forthcoming mock examinations, starting on Monday 11th November. If you are unsure as to what is appropriate then please contact the school so that you may speak with their subject teacher.
Y11 you all have your GCSEPod login details so please use it https://www.gcsepod.com/our-pods/
GCSEPod is an online revision app, delivering subject Knowledge in short 3-5 minute videos to help students learn and revise. There is a strong correlation between GCSEPod usage and improved results. It is free to use, it is fantastic and if you are not using it yet Y11 you should be because lots of your friends are.
Finally, please encourage regular sleep and breaks between ‘chunks’ of revision, supported by a revision timetable.
Halloween/Bonfire Night Advice
Merseyside Police are working to promote firework safety and reduce incidents of anti social behaviour over the Autumn period. Parents are encouraged to please read the letter from Merseyside Police in the link below and share this advice with your children over the half term break. Together, we want them to be safe, to be considerate of others, know the dangers and not play silly tricks.
Parents & Guardians – Know where your kids are:
If your children are going out Tuesday 5th November, make sure you know where they are going. If possible, drop them off and pick them up from their activity.
- · Don’t let your children hang around the streets with nowhere to go.
- · Ensure your child’s safety by either accompanying them or arranging between friends for one of you to take a group of children out.
- · If you are not accompanying your child, agree with them before they go out what time they should be home.
- · Don’t buy fireworks or eggs and flour for young people – it could contribute to anti-social behaviour in your own community
- · Do not allow your child to take anything they could use as missiles out of the house.
Parents please read this important Autumn Safety Briefing from Merseyside Police and share with your children.
Standards & Expectations
We expect that all pupils arrive each day fully equipped ready to learn and in the correct uniform. We provide guidance for parents on our uniform standards and expectations as well as a guide on what is and isn't allowed. (click here).
Please do familiarise yourself with the links above to our uniform guidance on our website which are also available on our social media platforms.
As a school and a place of learning, it is important that your child has their equipment; black pen, red pen, pencil, ruler and student planner ready each morning to show us before they cross the Redline. Should your child lose or misplace any item they must buy replacement items which we sell at the door.
Basically, in the politest possible way…no excuses!
Year 7s meet Most Haunted star author, Yvette Fielding
Our Year 7 students received a literary treat today and had the pleasure of having Yvette Fielding with us for the day to read from her brand new book 'Archie the Ghost Hunter'.
An avid reader herself, Yvette was inspired to write Archie following a dream of a little boy and a fat dog, plus constant requests from fans of the hit television series 'Most Haunted' to make something for children.