- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsletter 25/11/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsletter 3rd December 2019
- Newsletter 9/12/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Dear Parents and Carers
As one week finishes and another one starts, we begin to look towards the last few weeks of the autumn term. A lot has been achieved during this term but there is still a lot more to be done.
Last week saw Year 7 students visit Crosby Beach, taking in the aspect and vista of the area whilst gaining a good knowledge and insight into the role of an artist. As I mentioned in my newsletter to you last week the students and art staff braved the winter weather and spent two mornings gaining an artist’s perspective of the environment. Read more....
This week also sees the first parents’ evening of the school calendar on Thursday 28th November for 6th Form and on 5th December for Year 11 from 3:30pm to 6pm. Please ensure that you support and encourage your son or daughter by attending your pre-booked appointment slot on time and having that honest and open conversation with school staff regarding the progress made during this very important term.
Mock Exam Results Y11
On a similar theme, the Year 11 mock examinations have now ended and teaching colleagues are now busily marking examination scripts in preparation for the results issued to students on Friday 29th November at 3.05pm. Parents of Year 11 students will receive a mock exam results report (via text at 3.15pm) indicating how your son or daughter has performed in these mock examinations. This is an example of what they will receive in the actual examinations in summer 2020.
Attendance by Year 11 students over the 2 week period has been very good. It is very clear that when students need to be in school on time they are able to do it. Why does it take examination fortnight for Year 11 students to achieve an attendance of 93% on a Friday!
Always remember Attend today: achieve tomorrow.
Each week one student from every year group will be nominated by their Head of Year to receive a Headteacher's Reward in recognition of their supreme effort, exemplary role model behaviour, good citizenship, going that extra mile without being asked or for doing a very kind deed for someone without expecting anything in return. Students will receive cookies and praise from the Headteacher as well as achievement points and a very special, personalised Golden Lunch Ticket valid for the following week, entitling them and a friend to jump to the front of the lunch queue every day that week.
Y7 girls played their first full 9v9 match at St John Bosco in Croxteth last week. It was a really competitive game, with their defensive play really standing out as a main strength with Lily and Ruby marshalling the back line and covering well throughout.
Bosco scored two goals to put us on the back foot in the first half. Our chances were few and far between but the one opportunity we had in the first half we took to make it 2-1 at half time with Ava and Sofia combining well on the left. In the second half it became bitterly cold, but the girls battled away, led by the energetic Faye who did not stop running and tackling throughout the game. The girls' put in a valiant effort and competed well. Although they didn't secure a win this time, PE teacher Mr Langford says there is a real togetherness in this team and feels confident they will come back stronger in their next game with further training sessions in the coming weeks.
Y10 & Y11 BOYS' BASKETBALL
Our year 10s and 11s have been working hard every Monday after school for the last year to become fitter and develop key skills necessary to play a full competitive match. On Monday we played against Academy of St Francis of Assisi. They were tall, athletic and experienced opponents but our boys performed brilliantly in a really exciting match.
Jonas led the team superbly throughout. ASFA came back strongly in the second quarter and were up 16-12 at half time. In the third quarter we changed gear and four fast breaks finished off by Ben Winstanley, an impressive 3-pointer from Tom Abrams and some superb defensive play from Hadley Ferguson Emms made it 16-23, with one quarter to go. Unfortunately we didn’t take out chances in the fourth and final quarter, and ASFA’s fitness stood out as they ran out 27-25 winners.
Over the next few weeks we will see preparations for the Christmas Carol Concert increasing. The Team are already spending long hours to ensure that voices, instruments and readings are honed to perfection ready for another fantastic festive event. We are once again looking forward to spending an evening entering into the Christmas spirt Gateacre-style. The Carol Concert will take place at 7pm the evening of Tuesday 17th December.