- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Disadvantaged Students
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- COVID-19 updates
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsletter 21/10/19
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsletter 04/11/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsletter 11/11/19
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsletter 18/11/19
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsletter 25/11/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsletter 3rd December 2019
- Newsletter 9/12/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsletter 16/12/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsletter 6th January 2020
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsletter 13th January 2020
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsletter 20/01/20
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsletter 27.01.2020
- Newsletter 3/2/2020
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsletter 10/02/2020
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsletter 24/02/2020
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsletter 02/03/2020
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsletter 09/03/2020
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Coronavirus schools update
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Coronavirus schools update
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2020/21 News
- 2019/20 News
- Blood Brothers
- We are the champions!
- Girls Football update
- Ghost Hunting with Yvette Fielding
- Project Phosela
- Ghost Hunting with Archie, Yvette and Watson
- Peace Out
- Basketball update
- Cyber Champions
- Another Place
- BIG Little Library Christmas Book Flood
- Drama at The Basement
- Christmas Comedy Cracker
- Community Christmas Lunch
- Carol Concert
- Girls in STEM
- Strauss and Stravinsky
- Blood Brothers Workshop
- FREE online course for parents, carers and grandparents
- Coming Soon! Bands Night
- City indoor athletics competition
- A sporting update
- Work Experience
- Barcelona 2020
- Wonderful words from the Whitechapel
- Medicine in Space
- British Sign Language lessons
- What a week for Reading!
- Ich bin ein Berliner
- How to Wash Your Hands
- GCSE Pod
- Social distancing at the school gates
- Calling all Year 6
- A message from Maria Eagle MP
- Free School Meals
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
(19/09/20) Please click here to read the letter to the wider community.
This – like the coronavirus itself – is an unprecedented situation for all of us. But our commitment to helping young people to realise their potential hasn’t changed, and never will.
We will be using this page to add information in regards to school covid-19 updates, free school meal provision, home learning and as many answers to your questions you may have.
Please click here to download this Parents and Carers guide.
Click here for all the latest information from Liverpool City Council
(10/09/20) Please click here to view our Whole School Reopening Risk Assessment.
(08/09/20) Further details about the bus services can be found here-
(27/08/20) Please click here to view our Whole School Reopening Risk Assessment.
(26/08/20) Click here to read a letter from Mayor Anderson and Steve Reddy in regards to the return to school next week.
(24/08/20) YEAR 13 Please click here to read the letter from Mrs Chapman in regards to changes to your new school year.
(24/08/20) YEAR 11 Please click here to read the letter from Mrs Chapman in regards to changes to your new school year.
(24/08/20) YEAR 10 Please click here to read the letter from Mrs Chapman in regards to changes to your new school year.
(24/08/20) YEAR 9 Please click here to read the letter from Mrs Chapman in regards to changes to your new school year.
(17/07/20) Please click here to read details in regards to the start of term information.
(17/07/20) Please click here to read details in regards to how we plan to reopen school safely in September.
(14/07/20) Please click here to read the open letter from Simon O’Brien, Liverpool City Region Cycling and Walking Commissioner.
(03/07/20) Please click here to view our Risk Assessment for the protection from the transmission of Covid-19 during the pandemic including all school activities.
(22/06/20) Please click here to view our Risk Assessment for the protection from the transmission of Covid-19 during the pandemic including all school activities.
(18/06/20) Please click here to view our Risk Assessment for the protection from the transmission of Covid-19 during the pandemic including all school activities.
(19/05/20) Please click here to read the letter to parents from Mr Jones, Headteacher. Please click here to read the letter to parents from Mr Steve Reddy, Director of Children and Young People's Service.
(3/04/20) Please click here to view the letter from Ms. Chapman, Deputy Headteacher to our Parents.
(3/04/20) Please click here to view the letter from Ms. Chapman, Deputy Headteacher to our Students.
(25/03/20) Please click here to view the letter from Ms. Chapman, Deputy Headteacher.
(20/03/20) Please click here to view the leeter from Mr. Jones, Headteacher.
(19/03/20) Please click here to read the letter given to Year 12.
Department for Education
(20/03/20) Click here for latest DfE news.
Please click here for latest news on the Summer 2020 exams.
(17/04/20) Please click here to visit our Learning Zone, for step by step details for how to work at home.
(19/03/20) Staff across all year groups and subjects are currently preparing work packs and online resources for our students. Paper copies are being given to those that need them.
(19/03/20) Please click here for year group specific details in regards to Home Learning.
Free School Meals
(10/07/20) If your circumstances change and you think your child is eligible for free school meals after the schools close for the summer break you need to apply for FSMs using the link below
If you are eligible, you will receive a notification confirming this. During school’s summer holiday period, you will be sent vouchers by Liverpool City Council on a fortnightly basis.
(23/04/20) We are glad to hear that lots of our families have started to receive the supermarket vouchers via email. Just in case you need a bit of help changing your eCode into a gift voucher here are the steps. There is a lot of traffic going to website so you may have to wait for a little while.
How do I use my eCode to select a supermarket eGift card?
You should order your supermarket eGift at home before going to the store . To select your supermarket eGift card, follow the steps below:
- Copy eCode from your email or text message
- Go to www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk
- Enter the 16 digit eCode (you can enter more than one eCode if you have more than one to redeem)
- Select a supermarket
- Enter the amount and add to basket
- Checkout and enter the email address you would like the eGift card sent to
- Your eGift card will be processed and sent (please allow up to 24 hours for it to be delivered to your inbox)
(20/04/20) Unfortunately there has been a delay in the distribution of supermarket vouchers. We expected these to be delivered via email today but the central system, Edenred has struggled with the demand. As this is a situation that we are unable to control, Liverpool City Council have procured an additional weeks supply of supermarket vouchers and these will be distributed via post as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as the majority of our staff are working from home. If you have not yet provided us with an email address please email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming child’s name and DOB or text 07624 812 036.
(17/04/20) From Monday 20 April Gateacre School will be responsible for distributing supermarket vouchers to families who receive Free School Meals. The easiest way for the vouchers to be distributed is via email. Please email email@example.com or text 07624 812 036 to confirm your email address (if you have not already done so) stating your child's name and we will ensure that you receive your weekly vouchers. We will post vouchers to home addresses when we are able to but there is a delay in receiving postal vouchers.
(19/03/20) Students who would normally receive Free School Meals (FSM) from Gateacre School will receive a letter/voucher and details of how and where you may claim that voucher.
Details of Key Workers will be published once we receive them from the Liverpool City Council
(04/05/20) From whipping up tasty meals to finding easy ways to exercise, here's a list of great apps and tools to take control of your health from the NHS. Plus, find the free apps recommend to help you stress less, handle anxiety and lift your mood here https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/apps/
(27/03/20) Please click here for Liverpool CAMHS.
(23/03/20) Please click here for a Mentally Healthy Schools toolkit and resources.
(20/03/20) LLP, Mental Health Support Teams and the Whole School Approach Partnership have put together a short booklet to support families at home and encourage them to think about their emotional wellbeing during this time. Please click here for the booklet.