- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsletter 9/9/19
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- Headteacher's Newsletter 16/9/19
- Headteacher's Newsletter 23/09/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsletter 30/09/2019
- Newsletter 07/10/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsletter 14/10/2019
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- 2019/20 News
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- Archive Newsflash
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
START OF TERM: SEPTEMBER 4th 2018
Pupils’ first day back at school is TUESDAY 4th SEPTEMBER. We want to see all of our pupils back and ready to learn on the first day to set the standard for the rest of the year.
There is a staggered start to the morning, with Year 7 arriving first followed at set intervals by 8 – 11.
- Y7 Arrive by 08:40
- Y8 Arrive by 08:50
- Y9 Arrive by 09:15
- Y10 Arrive by 09:40
- Y11 Arrive by 09:25
- Year 12 Arrive by 09:00 for Induction only. Commence lessons on Monday 10th September 08:45am
- Year 13 Arrive by 09:25
Year 11 and Year 13 – September 2018
This is going to be a big year for you! We’ve already starting planning how we are going to help, support and guide you so that you are able to achieve your personal best.
It starts by getting up and getting into school!
Year 11, I will see you all on Tuesday 4th September in the Atrium at 09:25 with your tutors. I’ve already planned your first assembly at 10:15 and I cannot wait to share with you all the wonderful things we are going to do together.
Exciting times ahead!
Uniform September 2018
From September, following consultation with students, staff and parents we have decided to allow plain black knee-length pinafores as an optional part of our school uniform for girls.
I would also like to remind all parents and students of our uniform expectations and standards, as I do regularly.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and footwear for September and do not purchase any items that are not part of our uniform or are unacceptable. We issue a uniform guide for parents on the website, send reminders to parents regularly by email and my weekly newsflash of the uniform and footwear expectations and what is and isn't allowed.
Gateacre School uniform, PE Kit and ties can be purchased in store from Fitwells Schoolwear in Belle Vale Shopping Centre opposite school.
Parents can download a copy of our Uniform Guide For Parents including our uniform expectations, what is and isn't allowed including a shoes guide, and where to buy.
Download the Uniform Booklet guide for parents here as a PDF, or visit the uniform information page on the website, or pick up a copy from reception.
DofE Silver and Bronze Awards
More than 40 students completed their Bronze or Silver Awards this year. Our Year 11 Silver group successfully completed their assessed expedition last week. They were a credit to themselves and the school, and completed every challenge set with a fantastic effort and attitude.
DofE expeditions are a fantastic opportunity for our students and they wouldn't have been possible without all of the support, with staff taking time out to run them, students' co-operation and parents' support .
A special mention to former student Matt Cook who attended all four expeditions and was invaluable, a fantastic role model for our students.
Future Focus: Sixth Form
Our Future Focus week for year 12 students was a great success. The students really enjoyed the week and are now focused on their future.
We collapsed Year 12’s timetable so that we had a full week of planned activities to provide students with information about their future choices. This included the launch of the UCAS process for University applications, information about apprenticeships, visits to 3 different Universities with taster sessions of various courses and the launch of the Extended Project Qualification which all students will work towards next year.
Community Fair & Family Fun Day 22nd September 2018
Open Evening – Wednesday 26th September 2018
We have already begun to plan our next Open Evening on Wednesday 26th September from 5pm to 8pm. We will provide more information nearer to the event, however if you are reading this as a parent from a primary school we can provide tours of the school at a time convenient to you and are always happy to show what we do here at Gateacre.
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/