- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- Newsflash 21/06/19
- Newsflash 28/06/2019
- Newsflash 05/07/2019
- Newsflash 12/07/2019
- End of Term Newsflash - Friday 19th July 2019
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- Our Sports Leaders
- Travel Training Awards
- A stunning Summer Concert
- A Level Results Day
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
End Of Term 2 Newsletter
As the end of term approaches I would like to re-affirm that school will finish at 3:05pm on Friday 23rd March and we re-open again on Monday 9th April at the normal time of 08:00. All pupils should be in school by 08:40am, lessons start at 08:45am prompt!
As stated in previous Newsflashes that I hope you have had time to read we had a very positive Section 5 inspection back in October which demonstrates the hard work and effort by both pupils and staff in improving the education provision here at Gateacre. The HMI inspection was closely followed by an inspection by School Improvement Liverpool to look at the provision for our Most Able pupils which highlighted the impressive practice taking place in lessons across all subjects visited in February.
Attendance Matters and Win a Waffle Friday
When we return in April each year group will be entered into a competition with each other in our “Win a waffle Friday” attendance drive.
The highest attending form in each year group will be given a free waffle at break each Friday until the end of the half term in May.
As you know school attendance is vitally important for pupils to be successful, we have an aspirational target of 97%. This is 2% above the national attendance average across the rest of the country who attend approximately 95% of the time.
Our current whole school attendance is just below 92% and therefore it is vital that over the Summer Term we continue to expect all pupils to attend every single school day.
Year 11 Exam countdown - Easter Revision School
Those of you who are Year 11 parents will probably be in the midst of exam stress and anxiety season, which unfortunately is very common in the lead up to and during GCSE exams.
This year, like last year we are putting on additional support sessions over the Easter holidays and your child will already have an idea which sessions they need to attend.
The premise is to provide supportive bespoke revision and teaching to allow your child to do their very best when they sit their exams during May and June.
Once we return from Easter the final exam countdown really starts to kick in and we will be doing everything we possibly can to ensure that your child has the very best preparation for their examinations in the summer term.
Please continue to remind your child about using GCSE Pod, PIXL apps and every before and after school session counts towards the Blackpool trip. They must attend at least one of the maths intervention sessions.
On Wednesday night we had 114 Year 11 pupils stay for additional maths, there was a great buzz about the place and it was fantastic to get involved in the learning taking place.
Gateacre School STEM Winners!
5 of our Y9 pupils took part in the Unilever Port Sunlight STEM competition this week and we are thrilled to have come out as winners in the Bright Future Technical Award category.
Well done and congratulations to those pupils who took part.
Also a huge thank you to our in school STEM team who have been delivering and promoting all aspects of science technology engineering and maths.
A great accomplishment!
Year 10 parents evening
Year 10 Parents evening will be held on Thursday 3rd May 3.45pm-6pm. Appointment sheets will be sent out mid-April for you to book your appointments with staff to discuss your child’s GCSE progress.
Uniform and Redline expectations
Please remember that at any time you can check online what our expectations are regarding uniform, we are no different than any other school and we want our pupils to look smart at all times. You can find more information by clicking here.
Forthcoming Dates for Your Diary:
9th April 2018 - Summer Term begins
3rd May – Y10 Parents evening 3.45-6PM
14th May - Exams Commence
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/