- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/19
- 2018/19 News
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
Y9 STEM Girls Success at Unilever Bright Futures Competition
Winners Of The Technical Award 2018
All About STEM facilitated a three day event for regional schools to take part in the Unilever Bright Future Programme hosted by Unilever Port Sunlight. A total of thirty schools took part in the programme, enjoying numerous ‘hands-on’ Unilever activities that introduced them to processing, packaging and the environment and challenged to design their own environmentally friendly/sustainable product for the STEM competition. Entrants returned to present their amazing projects at the Unilever Bright Future Celebration & Assessment Day and our Year 9 Girls won the Technical Award for their STEM project.
For their STEM project the girls wanted to make bath, body and skin care products which were not only kind to skin but kind to the environment, made from all natural, organic ingredients, responsibly sourced with eco friendly, recyclable packaging. Their vision - NATURAL NEEDN'T BE BORING - took inspiration from mouth watering fruits and cream cakes to create innovative and eye-catching designs that looked as good as they smelled. They made an entire range of products including soaps, bath bombs, lip balm and body butters, and created their own brand name and logo for their range "Naturally Infused".
They have also been entered into the Big Bang UK Scientists & Engineers Competition and following their success at Unilever were invited to showcase their impressive STEM project with their own exhibition stand at the Big Bang Fair on 10th July with 7,000 thousand visitors expected. We wish them every success in the competition and they could bring an award back with them, or even gain a place at the national final next year.
You can read more about the STEM celebration and awards pictures here: https://www.allaboutstem.co.uk/2018/04/all-about-stem-unilever-bright-future-celebration-awards/
And more about the Big Bang Fair here https://www.allaboutstem.co.uk/2017/12/book-now-big-bang-north-west-2018/
Our Whole School Attendance figure this week is a disappointing 89.2% which requires improvement and for which we ask all parents to fully support us. By comparison at this time of year, attendance of other schools is 94%.
This week's attendance by each year group is as follows:
Year 7: 93%, Year 8: 91%, Year 9: 87%, Year 10: 86%
Primary Schools Liaison
Football Tournament With Former Everton Player
Gateacre School were delighted to host the annual Primary Schools Football Tournament on Tuesday supported by Merseyside Police with six local primary schools taking part in five-a-side competitions. It was a great day, enjoyed by all those who took part and former Everton FC player, Ian Snodin presented medals and handed out trophies on the day.
Next week (week commencing 9th July) it is due to be cooler than the previous couple of weeks. We have also had the under floor chiller fixed, making it much better inside the building.
Students should please make sure you have your ties on Monday and bring your blazers. Should it become very warm at any point, we will simply adopt our 'warm weather protocol'.
Year 6 Induction Day
Year 6 primary school students joining Year 7 in September spent a fantastic Induction Day with us on Wednesday as part of their transition into secondary school. The day went very well and students were all very polite and enthusiastic, enjoying a full day of lessons and activities, as well as meeting our other students.
Year 6 Taster Day - 14th September 2018
We look forward to welcoming current Y5 students to join us for a Year 6 Taster Day for primary schools on September 14th.
Year 7 Boys Picked For Liverpool Schools Football Squad
Congratulations to two of our Year 7 boys, Anthony Gorst and Jaden Evans McKay who made it into the Liverpool Schools Football Squad for the next academic year. This is a huge achievement, well done boys.
Drama & Music Update
Matilda The Musical - Opening Night Success
A brilliant opening night of our Drama Department's stage musical production, Matilda was enjoyed by all and has already received some fantastic rave reviews on social media. There were great performances by all the cast and some budding stars. It is not too late to buy your ticket for the performance on Monday 9th July from school reception or Music Department.
Art Exhibition - Tuesday 10th July 4pm to 6:30pm
We never cease to be impressed and amazed by the standard of excellence produced by our students in Art. A celebration of the outstanding quality of Art produced by our students can be enjoyed at our Art Exhibition on Tuesday 10th July from 4pm to 6:30pm to which we would like to invite parents to enjoy this special viewing of art and ceramics.
Open Evening – Wednesday 26th September 2018
We have already begun to plan our next Open Evening on Wednesday 26th September from 5pm to 8pm. We will provide more information nearer to the event, however if you are reading this as a parent from a primary school we can provide tours of the school at a time convenient to you and are always happy to show what we do here at Gateacre.
End of term arrangements 2018
School finishes on Friday 20th July at 12:00.
I will publish arrangements for the start of the new school year closer to the end of term as well as reminders via social media over the holidays.
Dates for Your Diary:
9th July Matilda 6.30pm
10th July Art Exhibition 4pm -6.30pm
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
17th July Music Concert
20th July End of Term
4th September Start Of Term - Back To School staggered start times for year groups
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/