- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/19
- 2018/19 News
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
Gateacre School in the news
Hopefully you will have seen via either our Facebook or Twitter pages the two stories about our fantastic Big Little Library over at Belle Vale Shopping Centre.
Lisa Mitchell, Community Coordinator and a team of volunteers have created a literary haven which is open every day of the week.
You can listen to the radio interview with BBC Radio Merseyside via this link:
and watch the story from BBC North West Tonight Social Media here:
Attendance and waffles
This is the second week of our “Win a waffle Friday” attendance drive.
The highest attending form in each year group will be given a free waffle at break each Friday until May half term. This week’s winners were:
As you know, school attendance is vitally important for pupils to be successful. We have an aspirational target of 97%. This is 2% above the national attendance average across the rest of the country who attend approximately 95% of the time.
Our whole school attendance for this week was just above 91% and therefore it is vital that over the coming term we continue to expect all pupils to attend every single school day. We are 1% above where we were this time last week. Hopefully next week we are above 92%.
We are heading towards a critical time, especially for KS4 and KS5 pupils who are sitting their GCSE, A Level and Vocational exams in the coming weeks.
Every absence from school makes it harder for your child to keep up with the new demands expected of all pupils across the country when they come to sit their examinations.
Warm Weather Expectations
We take a common sense approach in school towards warm weather days and this week has seen the warmest April days since the 1940’s. We still expect our pupils to look smart and presentable but what we will not do is forcibly make children become uncomfortable and therefore we do believe that removing the blazer and rolling up sleeves will sometimes be required.
Should your child ever come home and say that we do not allow them to do this, this will be untrue.
I also ask that should your child think it is acceptable to bring into school a water pistol or water balloons, these items are not permitted inside school and we will remove them from your child. We are working closely with the Management team over at Belle Vale Shopping Centre to communicate to shop owners that selling water pistols and water balloons to children before school is not very helpful and only causes unnecessary friction when we have to take them off the pupils.
Echo Schools Awards 2018
Last week we gave you some information about these awards, it is always nice to be recognised for having an impact and if you do have a spare 10 minutes to complete a nomination we would of course be incredibly grateful.
The nominations are now open for this year’s ECHO Schools Awards 2018 - an annual celebration of Merseyside’s most inspiring schools, staff and pupils.
Closing date for nominations is Friday 27th April 2018.
Last year we were nominated for a number of awards and won several which was a fantastic opportunity to celebrate all that we do each and every day.
Entry forms can be found here: http://www.eventsnorthwest.co.uk/echo-schools-awards/
Exam countdown – 15 school days away
Yet another very well attended Maths (Pizza) Wednesday with well over 100 Year 11 and Year 13 pupils taking part in sessions supporting them to get the best possible outcomes for the summer exams. The GCSE exams are due to start on the 14th May with Health and Social Care only 15 school days away! (23 days with weekends included).
Parents, please continue to ask your child these questions:
- Have you got your GCSE Pod login?
- Which after school sessions are you doing this week (you’ve got to go to maths!)?
- Is there anything I can help you with?
- Are you ok?
The run up to GCSE exams is a stressful time and, as adults, sometimes we forget what it was like for us because it was such a long, long time ago. Please do remember that we are here to help your child and if you need some advice we are here to help you too.
Reminder - Uniform and shoe standards and expectations
Please remember that at any time you can check online what our expectations are regarding uniform, we are no different than any other school and we want our pupils to look smart at all times.
In order that we maintain our ‘Gold Standard’ expectation of all of our pupils you can find more information by clicking
Dates for Your Diary:
3rd May Year 10 Parents' Evening 3:45pm to 6pm
14th May Exams Commence
16th May World Challenge Parents Talk 5pm
28th May Half Term
6th June Y9 Vaccinations
25th June Y11 Prom
3rd July Y6 Primary School Parents Information Evening 5pm
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
20th July End of Term
(23rd & 24th July INSET Days)
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/
Gateacre School Facilities are available for hire! Click here for more details of venue hire and lettings: http://gateacre.org/about-us/new-gallery-page/
Or to make an enquiry for Venue or Facilities Hire contact: Lettings@gateacre.org