- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Year 6 Invasion
So today (Friday 14th September) we welcomed 600 Year 6 pupils from across Liverpool to take part in our innovative Taster Day, a veritable smorgasbord of teaching and learning delights across a whole range of subjects showcasing the talents of our wonderful teachers.
Knights, cavaliers and horses in PE as well as a world record ‘Floss’ moment, laser cutting in product design, making things go bang in science, difficult maths, rap battles in Spanish, Shakespeare, poetry, geography and history, you name it the children probably did it. Pupils also got to experience our highly acclaimed ‘Matilda’ performance which ran back to back shows across the day.
I would like to extend a personal thanks to the teachers and TAs from the 13 different primary schools that came today. Also a special thank you to the Headteachers of those schools for allowing us to borrow their children for the day, I hope you did not miss them too much and we are already looking forward to meeting all of those that choose us for their Secondary School in September 2019. It will come sooner than you think!!!!
Standards And Expectations – PH2 / Attitude To Learning
Since my arrival only two years ago, together as a community we have been focusing on having the highest expectations for our pupils. We want them to be polite, honest and hard-working - we refer to this in school simply as PH2.
To facilitate helping our pupils get better and better, last year with year 10 (who are now Year 11) we introduced Attitude to Learning (AtL) as a way of signalling that everyone of us can try our best at all times in our lessons.
After discussing the initiative with our Year 10 pupils at the end of last year they said that it helped remind them that getting the very top marks matters little if you are not a good person, hard-working and trying your best at all times.
So, for this year, we will be rolling it out across all Year groups from 7-11. The way it works is quite simple: during their termly assessments they will also receive an AtL score. A score of 1 being outstanding, 2 is good, 3 needs to improve and a 4 is serious concerns. The closer the average score is to 1 the better that pupil’s attitude to their studies across all of their lessons.
Standards And Expectations – Uniform And Equipment
Since the 12th September 2016 and the instalment of the ‘Ready to Learn’ line aka Red Line, we continue to expect that all pupils arrive each day with the correct uniform (click here for the link to the uniform booklet and click here for the uniform page on our website).
This year we have identified the 7 MOST popular styles of shoes for boys and girls with a green circle and we will be doing both pupil and parent voice over the course of the coming academic year with the view that from September 2019 only these 7 styles will be acceptable.
Please do familiarise yourself with the links above if you have not seen any of the previous Newsflashes from last academic year or any of the links on our social media platforms. We try our very best to keep parents both well informed with adequate lead in times for any changes so that you have the best possible opportunity to plan and budget in advance.
As a school and a place of learning, it is important that your child has their equipment; black pen, red pen, pencil, ruler and planner ready each morning. Should your child lose or misplace any items they need not worry as we also sell equipment at the door. Basically, in the politest possible way…no excuses!
Cadet Wednesdays – Parade Begins January 2019
Came as quite a surprise to us but we are one of a very select group of schools in the North West of England to be given a new Combined Cadets detachment.
This coming Wednesday members of the Armed Forces will join us each week to begin the process of asking our pupils to join the school detachment. It is a great privilege for us to have this opportunity and puts Gateacre School on a par with Eton College and Harrow in being able to have this available for our pupils.
If you want to know more about what Cadets do and the opportunities available please follow this link which will take you to the Combined Cadet Force page. If the link does not work use this address www.combinedcadetforce.org.uk
Community Fair & Family Fun Day
Saturday 22nd September 2018 (Doors Open 12pm - 4pm)
Our Community Fair and Family Fun Day will have lots of attractions, stalls and exciting activity fun including:
Go Karts, Inflatable Activity Course, Archery, Zorbs, lots of stalls with arts and crafts, holistic and wellbeing therapies, jewellery, soaps and candles, cakes and wedding favours, food and ice cream, chocolates and confectionery, all compared by a fantastic DJ with live demonstrations from local Dance Schools and Groups. It is sure to be a great day out for all the family. Doors open 12pm. We hope you can come along with family and friends for what promises to be a great day.
Open Evening 2018
Wednesday 26th September 2018 5pm - 8pm
Year 11 information evening Tuesday 9th October 2018
More information will be provided over the coming weeks but in brief it is an opportunity for us to talk to you about the best use of the time left in Year 11, to share with you learning from the Year 11s who sat their exams in the summer and how those pupils who achieved the best grades did so. I will be present along with members of staff from my Senior Team and department leaders, there will be a formal presentation and then a more informal opportunity to discuss any issues or concerns you may have.
Year 11 and Year 13 countdown
You have 30 school weeks and 150 school days left.
Year 11s have you used GCSE Pod this week? If not why not!?
Year 13s have you looked over your notes from Year 12 and started to organise your folders?
Lots of little things done well over a long period of time will add up to huge gains. Preparation prevents poor performance.
Remember we are always here to give you help, guidance and advice. We are in this together.
Dates for Your Diary:
Community Fair: 22nd September 12pm - 4pm
Open Evening: 26th September 5pm - 8pm
Year 11 Information Evening: Tuesday 9th October
Half Term: 22nd to 26th October
INSET Day: 3rd December
End Of Term: 21st December
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/