- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- Supporting your Child
- Absence from School
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Prevent Strategy
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
- Newsflash 07/09/2018
- Newsflash 14/09/2018
- Newsflash 21/09/2018
- Newsflash 28/09/2018
- Newsflash 05/10/2018
- Newsflash 12/10/2018
- Newsflash 19/10/2018
- Newsflash 02/11/2018
- Newsflash 09/11/2018
- Newsflash 16/11/2018
- Newsflash 23/11/2018
- Newsflash 30/11/2018
- Newsflash 07/12/2018
- Newsflash 14/12/18
- Newsflash 21/12/2018
- Newsflash 11/01/2019
- Newsflash 18/01/2019
- Newsflash 25/01/2019
- Newsflash 01/02/2019
- Newsflash 08/02/2019
- Newsflash 15/02/2019
- Newsflash 01/03/2019
- Newsflash 08/03/2019
- Newsflash 15/03/2019
- Newsflash 22/03/2019
- Newsflash 29/03/2019
- End of Spring Term Newsletter 05/04/2019
- Newsflash 26/04/2019
- Newsflash 03/05/2019
- Newsflash 10/05/2019
- Newsflash 17/05/19
- Newsflash 24/05/2019
- Newsflash 07/06/2019
- Newsflash 14/06/2019
- 2018/19 News
- Safer Internet Day 5th Feb
- Are you ready for Readathon 2018?
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Echo Awards shortlist announced!
- A Giant offer!
- Gateacre take on the Challenge
- Our Community Fair
- There's always Drama!
- Educate Awards 2018- Winners revealed
- We rocked Readathon!
- Remembering The Holocaust
- The BIG Little Library Book Flood is back!
- Folding for Chinese New Year
- Not a "silent night"
- A Christmas Book Flood
- Christmas cheer with our Primary Schools
- A Community Christmas
- A Christmas Comedy
- Drama at The Basement
- Magic Breakfast!
- Making Music with Middlefield
- Wonderful Work Experience
- Year 7 Football results
- Democracy Ambassadors
- The Big Bang Fair 2019
- A visit from The Apprentice
- A Titanic trip
- Good luck Year 11
- Year 7 go to Uni!
- Dragon Boats!
- 2017/18 News
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- End Of Term Newsflash 20/07/18
- Uno champions!
- History trip to Poland
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Summer Post 16 & GCSE Results Newsflash August 2018
Summer Post 16 and GCSE results
The past two weeks have been fantastic indicators of the continual improvements being made here at Gateacre School.
To start with, our A Level and vocational results were handed out to pupils last week and we were humbly proud of all they had achieved. Our A Level pupils produced some outstanding results once again, achieving higher than national average as a cohort. The vocational courses did even better than last year in relation to Distinction and Distinction * awards. All of our 6th Form students gained a place at their preferred University which we are incredibly proud of.
Our Year 11 cohort picked up their results yesterday and, again, as a school we continue to make improvements across a range of subjects. Congratulations go to the hard working pupils and staff who put in a lot of effort over the course of the year. I would also like to personally thank all of the wonderful Gateacre parents who supported us by sending their children in every day, attending parents’ evenings and doing all the things that good, caring and supportive parents do.
Finally, there are so many successes I could talk about but to give you just a few that we are very proud of: there were 139 A*/A or 9-7 top GCSE grades given to Gateacre pupils; English Language continues to be above national average; 100% of pupils who studied art achieved a 9-4 grade; 100% of pupils who studied cookery achieved A*-C; both drama and PE had incredible success and 7 subjects were either at or above national for 9-4/A*-C (a significant improvement from 3 subjects in 2017).
What has made the difference?
For those parents who are reading this and your child is returning in Year 11 or starting their GCSEs in Year 10, there are a few simple things that will help to have a huge impact on your child doing well:
- Attendance and punctuality – every single day matters, as does arriving at 08:40 in time for the start of lessons at 08:45. No Christmas shopping days, birthday treat days or family holidays during term time.
- Coming to school being ready to learn with the right equipment – if you do not have a pen you cannot write.
- Taking part in extra-curricular sessions and holiday classes/revision sessions – we put these on close to mock exams and during the Spring term to give a little boost.
- Taking an interest in what your child is doing.
Start of Term: September 4th 2018
Pupils’ first day back at school is TUESDAY 4th SEPTEMBER. We want to see all of our pupils back and ready to learn on the first day to set the standard for the rest of the year.
Redline expectations – pupils need to have 2 pens, one black and one red. The reason black is preferred is because all external exams require black ink, this is because they are all now scanned into a computer and the computer scanners recognise black ink best. The red pen is for when pupils correct and improve their work so their teacher can see the changes clearly.
Uniform expectations. As per the letter that has gone out several times including the images of acceptable footwear for September.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and footwear for September and do not purchase any items that are not part of our uniform or are unacceptable. We issue a uniform guide for parents on the website, send reminders to parents regularly by email and my weekly newsflash of the uniform and footwear expectations and what is and isn't allowed.
Parents can download a copy of our Uniform Guide For Parents including our uniform expectations, what is and isn't allowed including a shoes guide, and where to buy.
Download the Uniform Booklet guide for parents here as a PDF, or visit the uniform information page on the website, or pick up a copy from reception.
Tuesday 28th - Thurs 30th August (10-2pm)
A chance to come and swap your outgrown uniform for nearly new items donated by fellow students.
Community Fair & Family Fun Day
22nd September 2018 12pm - 4pm
Come along and enjoy the fun with lots of attractions and activity fun including: Go Karts, Inflatable Activity Course, Archery, Zorbs, lots of stalls with arts and crafts, holistic and wellbeing therapies, jewellery, soaps and candles, cakes and wedding favours, food and ice cream, chocolates and confectionery, all compared by a fantastic DJ with live demonstrations from local Dance Schools and Groups. It is sure to be a great day out for all the family. Doors open 12pm.
Open Evening 2018
Wednesday 26th September 2018 5pm - 8pm