- Careers at Gateacre School
- Cashless Catering & Biometric
- Free School Meals
- Our Community
- How we Communicate
- School Meals
- Personal Development at Gateacre
- Wellbeing & Mental Health
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Our citizenship education helps to provide pupils with knowledge, skills and understanding to prepare them to play a full and active part in society. In particular, fostering an awareness and understanding of democracy, government and how laws are made and upheld. We also work towards equipping students with the skills and knowledge to explore political and social issues critically, to weigh evidence, debate and make reasoned arguments.
The curriculum aims to also promote British values, encouraging respect and tolerance across different cultures. Citizenship is covered within the Learning 4 Life Programme PSHE curriculum and in core subject areas such as History, RE and Geography.
Citizenship is delivered every week through our Personal Develoment Curriculum . Discussion and debate around topical issues and current affairs is also delivered in an additional Academic Tutorial each w
Overview Keystage 3 and 4
- How the United Kingdom is governed, its political system and how citizens participate actively in its democratic systems of government.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of law and the justice system in our society and how laws are shaped and enforced.
- Develop an interest in, and commitment to, participation in volunteering as well as other forms of responsible activity.
- Money on a day-to-day basis, and plan for future financial needs
- Understand British values to include respect and tolerance towards others
- Consider the rights and responsibilities of all
Assistant Headteacher Personal Development- Mrs Boyd email@example.com
Director of Humanities - Mr Wildman firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you like to receive any additional information on this subject please contact:
Mrs Joanne Boyd - Assistant Headteacher