How to Apply
The following process outlines what you need to do and how we will support you to make the best choice for your future:
- Read the information about the subjects in the prospectus carefully and talk to your teachers about them.
- Think about the subjects you are most interested in. Students are always successful at the subjects they enjoy and can do.
- Talk to your teachers about your ability and your estimated grades. Ability is also essential for success.
- If you already think you know what you want to do at University or a future career find out if there are any subjects you have to study. The UCAS website will help you.
- Attend our Open evening as this will be an opportunity to speak to Subject Leaders about the courses on offer.
To Apply For A Place In Sixth Form:
- Complete a Sixth Form Application Form (The closing date for applications was 13th March however students will have another opportunity to apply on results day).
- If you have a good record of behaviour and attendance, you will be invited to attend a short interview in the Summer Term where you will be given an offer of a place in our Sixth Form, which is conditional on results.
- If you wish to change your options after this time, we will do all we can to support you but after the timetable is written this will only be possible if a class is not full and the subjects you wish to study are not timetabled at the same time.
- We will consider late applications submitted until August in some circumstances.
Year 11 students who have applied to our 6th form will be offered a place dependent on achieving the entrance requirements. Students who didn't apply by the deadline will have another chance to apply on results day.