Gateacre students will be involved with a range of Careers Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) over the duration of their school life. Please see the attached timetable of the type of activities provided.
Students also have full access to all our CEIAG Resources:
- Assemblies from Aspirational Speakers, Career Connect and other external providers.
- Careers Connect – Appointments and drop-ins
- Careers Connect Portal and other on-line websites.
- Careers Information drop in
- Advice from teachers – subject career notice boards.
- Careers Resources – Prospectuses and Future Careers, Student network with electronic resources.
- Subject specialist knowledge through GCSE option choices.
- Notice of Events through academic tutorial time and registers.
Careers Education at Gateacre School
Select the link below for an overview of some of the activities you will partcipate in
List of websites that Gateacre Students may find useful
There are lots of useful websites to help you find out about different careers. Start thinking about your future career and career pathways now using the sites below:
Specialist Careers support for SEND students
- Disability Rights UK The Department for Work & Pensions provides an Access to Work factsheet for disabled people which includes information on funding
- SEND Apprenticeships Guide to apprenticeships (SEND)
- BASE - BASE provide support to those with disabilities to find employment
- RNIB support services with careers advice and post 16 applications
- United Response support services for adults and young people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or physical disabilities
Access the services from above in the links below:
Click on the area of work that interests you to find out more information including Labour Market Information
Linking Curriculum to Careers
Subject booklets linking learning in school to careers
Select the links below to show how subjects you study in school can help with future careers