Relationships, Sex and Health Education
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) focuses on providing young people with the information and the skills and attitudes they need to help them develop healthy, nurturing relationships of all kinds including:
- Respectful relationships, including friendships
- Online and media
- Being safe
- Intimate and sexual relationships, including sexual health
Relationships, Sex and Health Education is taught as part of our RESPECT Personal Development Curriculum. It is delivered by our Personal Development tutors . Our curriculum aims to support individual young people to make safe and informed choices and to equip them with the skills to have happy healthy relationships throughout their lives. It teaches students:
- how to develop and maintain a variety of healthy relationships within a range of social/cultural contexts and to develop parenting skills
- how to recognise and manage emotions within a range of relationships
- how to deal with risky or negative relationships including all forms of bullying (including the distinct challenges posed by online bullying) and abuse, sexual and other violence and online encounters
- about the concept of consent in a variety of contexts (including in sexual relationships)
- about managing loss including bereavement, separation and divorce
- to respect equality and be a productive member of a diverse community
- how to identify and access appropriate advice and support.
Click here for our information about our RHSE Programme.