Extra Curricular Activities
- Astronomy Talks with Mr Gash – starts Autumn 2022!
- Y13 Biology – Autopsy Live @ University of Liverpool
- Y13 Biology – fieldwork trip to Formby Beach
- Y13 Chemistry – UK Chemistry Olympiad
- Y12 Chemistry – Cambridge Chemistry Challenge
- Early bird examination warm-ups and revision sessions – Y11
- WildED Workshops – Years 8 and 9 exploring conservation topics.
- Y9 Merseyside Young Health and Life Scientists at the University of Liverpool
- Y10 Separate Sciences – Visit to Catalyst Science Discovery Centre
Dragonfly day at the University of Liverpool (Annual) – to encourage girls to develop their interest in engineering and is part of The Engineering Development Trust.
Big Bang Fair Trip (Annual) – https://www.thebigbangfair.co.uk/
Knowsley Safari Park outreach visit – https://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk/education/schools/outreach/
Gateacre borrows moon rocks – https://stfc.ukri.org/public-engagement/activities-for-schools/borrow-the-moon/
Early bird examination warm-ups and revision sessions – Y11
Ogden Trust Collaboration “Physicist of the year “at Liverpool University for Y10 & 13 – winners of this prestigious annual prize can apply for financial support at University from the Ogden Trust.
Science Club KS3 – Rockets, Constellation cubes and much more!
Sasha the Science Snake- A change for our students to hold and feed our Dept pet.
National Science & Engineering Week Activities (Annual) – Planned and delivered in Science lessons during a full week of Science Celebrations!